bains

vitamin supplements Aspergers

My 15 year old son is on vitamins which have helped to temper his mood swings and anxiety.

I bought them from Holland and barret, however I was wondring about the quantity.

He is on mega B 100 which is a b complex. It has 7, 143% RDA of B6 vitamin amongst otherB vitamins. I have been told any excessive B vitamins are excreted from the body. Could he now be put on the ordinary B complex with similar results not the mega?He has been on the stronger dose for four months.

The magnesium is magnesium oxide( and magnesium stearate) with 266 mg 71% RDA, with zinc 10mg 100% RDA.

He is also taking triple strength omega 3 the eye q brand and vitamin C 500 mg 625% RDA.

The health advisers in the shop said the above is fine, but I was wondering if changing to a lower dosage of B complex might make his mood swings anxiety get bad again?

Has anyone got any experience with these?

Hi bains

I wouldn't rely too much on the advice of H&B staff, they are there to sell products, they are not pharmacists or doctors

I can't help specifically with the Vit B but I would throw caution at the magnesium. Magnesium stearate is used in manufacturing as a lubricant to stop pills (in this case) from sticking together - i.e. it is a flow agent. It is a known allergen and suppresses immune function by reducing the action of primary

T-cells

I use iq fish oil.i put it in his juice, he has been on it since he was 4 its suppose to help hand/ eye co ordination and because he has a basic diet I hope the omega 3 and 6 give him the extra nutrients he needs.

Hello

There are some biomedical and chelation forums, PM me for more details.

Some folk react to b complex and others need b100s or b50s. I am taking b50s 1 with each meal. I'm also taking taurine, mag (to bowel tolerance), zinc, d3, devils claw (for pain), milk thistle (but unsure if that is suitable for children), cranberry capsules, probiotics (dairy free), vitamin C (to bowel tolerance), glucosamine, vitamin E, omega 3 and hoping these will help with my pain issues which increase the anxiety soon.

it can take many years before someone is ready for the cheaper version of supplements if at all.

The books 'children with starving brains' and 'amalgam illness' can help you further. They explain why certain disabilities can cause malabsorption issues so larger doses of supplements are needed. Hard to explain on here but the 2 books I recommended have better amounts which you can work with.

HTH

Wow. Do vitamins really do all that? Well, I go to a similar shop called Real Foods that has a lot of organic produce. It's not the type of place you could shop at too often as it's VERY expensive. But I do love healthy living tips and they've certainly got it all. I went in there yesterday to get some sweets and juice. They have a lot of marinades too and some stuff like jam and honey.