Seeto200

New guy

Hi Intros thread is locked so I am introducing myself here, as others are doing.

I am 27 year old married man with Aspergers. I work in the IT industry and I am looking for general discussion with other people with AS/ASD or those who deal with it. I am quite high functioning so it is not readily noticed by others and I deal with AS pretty well.

and now that is out the way am going to start diving into the forum

Welcome to the boards, pleased you feel good about your aspergers diagnosis. I find mine frustrating at times but generally have accepted my ASD as a part of me.

im also a computer fan, I remember the bbc acorn computer shift + break + break + shift to lad the PC. I was 3 at the time so was speaking in sentences with speech

therapy age 3 at the same time as exploring the world of computers. I had only seen the game loaded once but I could do it a week later from memory.

Sometimes I understand computers more than people, I hope im more of a 50% of each. I love technology but am still trying to work out my experia E phone.

Welcome to the boards, pleased you feel good about your aspergers diagnosis. I find mine frustrating at times but generally have accepted my ASD as a part of me.

im also a computer fan, I remember the bbc acorn computer shift + break + break + shift to lad the PC. I was 3 at the time so was speaking in sentences with speech

therapy age 3 at the same time as exploring the world of computers. I had only seen the game loaded once but I could do it a week later from memory.

Sometimes I understand computers more than people, I hope im more of a 50% of each. I love technology but am still trying to work out my experia E phone.

I see my ASD as one of my strengths, I wouldn't want be "cured". I strongly believe that it can be an advantage if focused correctly.

Hi Seeto im a new member too . ive joined as im at my wittsend with my son . all his life i have had to deal with his anger issues too many to name here and now though i will put full history on soon as i get a spare moment .the quick version is that i just know he has always been odd the anger comes from nowhere and we have walked on eggshells all his life . we are currently on our second time around with camhs system and the usual clappy happy counsellors who fail to listen hear or believe a word i say as my son dont behave the same in their sessions ( well he wouldnt would he , its only an hour )

He started high school last september and struggled from the start he just didnt have the maturity or organization or any confidence to make the transision , hence since feb this year he has flatly refused to attend . As i say i will put history up later but the bottom line is after my doing tons of research online i do believe he has high functioning aspergers syndrome . his biggest stuggles are lacks ability to make friends , no confidence , gets extreemly angry for no reason other than hes just that way out, desstructive in the home smashes our home up , never goes out has acute anxiety which comes out as anger . other than this he doesnt realy display the other typical symptoms . im a good mum hes had a good upbringing and my 17 year old is fine ( so if i was such a bad parent surely she would be the same ) As i said were going through camhs at mo but they will not assess for aspergers as they say they dont think its that . i have offered to pay but our local autisticgroup have told me not to as nhs and education will not accept a private diagnosis yet young minds told me camhs are reluctant to assess borderlines due to lack of funding . im at a loss as to know what to do next , but wondered if you recognise any of my sons symptoms in yourself when you were 12 ? Mr D

Hi seeto, welcome. I worked in IT for several years, worked my way up, but my problems were noticeable to others and I couldn't get away with my difficulties. Its where I should be, but finding an IT job I can cope with is going to be difficult.

Edited by positive_about