clairenunns

risperidone?

has anyone elses child been prescribed risperidone? my son was prescribed it on tues by his psychiatrist for his depression, anxiety and aggression (he is 12). he has taken it for 2 nights and was up at 3 this morning wide awake, feeling sick and headache. ive rung the psychiatrist and been told the initial side effects will wear off.

Hi,

My son, who is now 14 has taken it for 2 years at a very low dose - but he has had no obvious side effects, even in the first week - for him it helps him sleep better and he gets less agitated - in fact, he tried stopping it earlier this year, and started getting very agitated again - I know it doesn't have such a positive effect for everyone, but for him it helps.

Diane

Im an adult and take the quicklets for extreme anxiety.

That stuff did not work on me. Its an antipsychotic, which made me psychotic. Quite contradictory when I am not even psychotic and know when I am. We all react to things differently. what helps me is an Antidepressant and Beta Blocker that calms me down