Aura Todd

Hello from deepest darkest boringest Wiltshire

Hi I have been diagnosed with Aspergers which explains a lot of things, it's not major to me so i am not going to allow it to get it down. just wanted t say hello.

:)

Hi Aura!

What are your interests?

It would be good to get to know you!

:)

hi mate I do landscape photography and write fiction. ia m also Wiccan. Wo in the South west are you, do you know Newquay? :)

I know Newquay! Not well though! Beautiful place. Is that where you are? I'm in Plymouth. Being near the sea really helps with the spiritual side of life I think. People seem a lot more relaxed down here than in busier parts of the country. Great to hear you're into Wicca! Now I'll look forward to some very interesting conversations! There are some other photographers on this site. I used to do weddings but got bored, not creative enough and I don't have a loud enough voice or the social skills for it! What type of thing do you write about? :)

I know Newquay! Not well though! Beautiful place. Is that where you are? I'm in Plymouth. Being near the sea really helps with the spiritual side of life I think. People seem a lot more relaxed down here than in busier parts of the country. Great to hear you're into Wicca! Now I'll look forward to some very interesting conversations! There are some other photographers on this site. I used to do weddings but got bored, not creative enough and I don't have a loud enough voice or the social skills for it! What type of thing do you write about? :)

I hi I write fantasy and ghost stories, i will be putting topics on here and links people might find useful.

How many of you are photographers and I can give you some useful links if you want? :)

Hi Aura, welcome. Good to see some spiritual folk on here - I'm not a full-on spiritual person, I just need a spiritual element to my life to feel at peace. I used to live in Berkshire, and miss the countryside on my doorstep, but whenever we get the chance my partner and I head off somewhere quiet to be at one with nature - hilltops, seaside, stone circles, etc., the more rugged and isolated the better. I'm into photography (landscape and wildlife), but currently without a camera - so even more frustrated. One day I hope to make some money by selling prints, just need the gear.

It's so exciting! I have always been what people think of as "spiritual" but I often think it's a shame that we have no choice but to use labels for things, because for me, it is just natural....and once you give something a name, some people feel excluded from it, like you have to be a certain thing, or know certain things, or be a certain way to fit into it! But I was waiting to hear someone else say it: "I need a spiritual element in my life to feel at peace". Thank you Positive_about.....because that is all being a spiritual person is! :) :) :) I wonder if people with aspergers or other forms of autism are perhaps more inclined to be creative, to search for answers about the mind and the universe and find peace in natural surroundings or within ourselves, but all call it different things, not necessarily "Being spiritual"? Before I found the word spiritual, I had nothing to call it. It was just how I was. It feels great to have found you all.

Is Wiltshire that boring? I'd have thought for anyone with Wiccan sympathies all those prehistoric sites and crop circles would be right up your street. Not to mention a certain unitary authority's latest marketing venture!

Swindon playing cards are a big deal

Is Wiltshire that boring? I'd have thought for anyone with Wiccan sympathies all those prehistoric sites and crop circles would be right up your street. Not to mention a certain unitary authority's latest marketing venture!

Swindon playing cards are a big deal

Yes it's full of the blue rinse brigaid. No one if they can help it mentions that they are Wiccan in Wiltshire incase you get preached at or victimised by the bible bashers. there is a lot of village idiocy in the city where if you are a bit different at school through being quiet, people never let you for get about it for years on end. I was bullied relentlessly and two stupid plank women think they have to carry it on (their in their 30's now!)

Anything exciting happens in salisbury all the posh knobs start complaing that its too noisy. We wanted a Wilkinsons here but according to the posho's (as we call them) they complained and objected and said it would show the city up. Yet they allow the market square to be revamped with paving slabs that have already become dirty and scruffy.

Yes this is a Medieval city with a very Mediaval attitude.

Hey Aura! :)

That was a brilliant observation about a power game in a given community: sharp and straight to the point. Well done!

I'm sorry that those two women gave you such a bad time. Can you tell them to mind their own business? I guess they'd be very surprised if you did. I give you my virtual hug . :):)

Hi Ben Nevis thanks for that. The snobs said a Wilkinsons would lower the tone of the city. I think it's been lowered already with the revamp of the market place, it's set to be lowered deeper. Now they have sold off the bus station and the roads make the one's in Afterica look devine. A lot of shops are closing because the parkings too high and the rent is expensive. Customers don't visit the city much as they can find parking cheaper elsewhere.

Sounds as a very familiar problem - some of the local councillors' cognitive abilities & understanding local enterprises. Why is the law of natural selection can't be applied to the stupid!

Edited by Tanya52

Just had a carboot in the market square. A lot of the snobs crawled out of the woodwork and slatted it off in the newspaper, it was very good the sale so i wrote about it in the paper. I llok forward to the next one which is in May.

Hi I run a social group in bath once a month feel free to private message me for more details.