Aura Todd

Do you believe in life after death?

I have been a spiritualist for two years now and know there is life after death. Don't worry, I'm not going to yell JESUS etc (apart when something heavy lands on my foot).

It's very much like the earth plain except the colours of flowers are more vibrant and there is no night time (you can have it if you want). When people cross over they are met by family members who have crossed over before them, they will look younger and more healthier. You can even have cups of tea so I have been told, also there is no sun but there is light as through it is shining.

The houses apparently are what you want but I have been told there is no dust or any housework nasties. You don't need to eat or drink because we are spirit and this isn't required. Also pets are reunited with owners.

The best books to read are:

Voices in the dark by Leslie Flint. I would love to meet him, perhaps I will one day.

I know my gran is around because I can smell her, and I have been told she stands beside me looking at my PC when I am on it.

I've had enough experiences to believe in something beyond the physical world, and I know I'm being watched over - this was confirmed when my partner saw a psychic who said my grandfather was around me, she even confirmed his name. At times I feel I'm being guided, and that's comforting to know - and despite my troubles a way forward always seems to open up. I've met a few spiritual people along the way who have each opened my mind a bit more, I now just accept its all part of my journey/guidance. So I do believe in something after death, though what that is I am still open-minded about.

.............Hmmmm............

I could go on writing about this for the next several hours..........

but no one would read it as it would take too long, probably.

But do I have the discipline to keep it short? As you might have noticed, I am EXTREMELY passionate about such topics and rarely manage to keep any posts short, although I do try very hard. :)

There is something about our minds, (The autistic mind) which naturally asks questions, seeking to understand. And it is this questioning which propels innovation, invention, new discoveries, dare I say it, even perhaps evolution......

When I was little, I expected the adults around me to be able to tell me why we existed and why we are here. It was a huge surprise to me that not only did they not know, but they had never even felt they needed to find out!

I was excited to see your title, I knew instantly that we would have much in common.

Aura, you are not alone! I have seen this place too. "There are many rooms in my father's house". I think the Hindus call them Lokis. I meditate. Used to do it for up to 10hrs a day. Like you, I have seen and experienced all kinds of wonderful things. The world we see is not all there is to see in the world. As I mentioned in your status, I don't believe in life after death, I believe in life after life. It's death I don't believe in. There is only life. For me, it is the ever turning wheel of Samsara. We come and we go.......but we never die.

I have made a decision to stop talking right now, because if I don't, I won't stop, and it will begin to sound like I'm teaching or preaching. I never intend to do that, it only happens because I get so excited about it, I find it hard to remember to present my findings as personal experiences/opinions rather than facts. It can sometimes sound like my ego is talking, when actually, it always comes from a place of love.

Wow! It actually is short! :)

Oooooh but I want to talk more!

.........but I won't!

I can't wait to get to know you better! :)

Have you read any of Betty Shine's books? She was such a dear old lady!

Edited by Merry

:star: I adore the idea that my body and my everything has been built out of cosmic dust and cosmic gases. When I see the pictures taken from Hubble telescope I feel high! Wow! After I die I’d become the tinny –tiny atoms of cosmic duct once more and go to travel to the centre of the universe or will be sucked into a black hole to create another big bang!

And something else I KNOW – our THOUGHTS are LIVING THINGS :bat: it's true

Edited by Tanya52

My instinctive reaction to your question is. 'How about life before death'?

Apart from all that I believe that it is all an illusion. You have always existed-always will, in one shape form or another.

I love the stardust idea too. I once dreamt that I died and floated up above the earth and could look down at the planet. At first I was terrified, being separated from all human contact, but then it felt peaceful and euphoric. It didn’t make me believe in life after death, but it was a great dream. For now though, I would just like to revel in being alive!

There’s a lot of debate about ‘near death’ experiences. I don’t know anyone who’s had one, but I read a book by Dr Sam Parnia, a hospital doctor who worked in critical care, called ‘What Happens When We Die’. He conducted an experiment to find out if people really did have out-of-body experiences while clinically ‘dead’ on the operating table. His experiment failed unfortunately, because of technical problems, but the book presents many compelling anecdotal accounts from people of all ages and nationalities.

Also fascinating is the Stuart Hameroff/Roger Penrose theory about ‘quantum consciousness’, which suggests that consciousness can exist outside of the brain and how human consciousness might be connected to a kind of universal consciousness. This is a link to an interview with Hameroff (the good stuff is in the last 10 minutes, the first 50 minutes is very technical):

G

Edited by Gina3

A few years ago I read about the collective/universal consciousness and was really amazed by this idea, and wanted to tune into it for guidance - though I guess I might have already been doing this without realising. Sometimes it does feel I get ideas come to me out of nowhere - though our own conciousness alone can be amazing at providing answers if we ask the right questions. Quantum physics does allow for these kinds of possibilities, including parallel worlds, though my brain hurts trying to get my head around it all :lol:

When I was little, I expected the adults around me to be able to tell me why we existed and why we are here.

When I was little I asked my mum on moving day from our Victorian house if the man in the boiler suit was coming with us? I remember my parents looking strangly at one another, and then mum saying he had to 'stay here'. Wasn't until years later when we was chatting and she mentioned the incident that I realised that this man had been dead for well over 150 years. :huh:

Every morning I used to to see him come down the stairs and leave by the front door, I never questioned it coz I was only five. He used to apparently work at the gasworks as the houses were built for the workers see https://maps.google.co.uk/sp2 7bs

Hi Gold MD,

I thought this one was dead and buried.(Poor joke)! But. Since you have resurrected it.....

I would say that there is no point in being afraid of what is going to happen to all of us.

Live life and be as happy as you can. Be kind to all living things(including yourself). I find this really difficult coz people really annoy me.

I don't have any friends...But. That's my funeral. :party:

I believe in spirits or ghosts, but I'm still afraid of death since there is usually pain before you die. Right?

Not always. Some people fall asleep and say it's like waking up again except you feel more 'alive' then you ever did.

Hi Gold MD,

I thought this one was dead and buried.(Poor joke)! But. Since you have resurrected it.....

I would say that there is no point in being afraid of what is going to happen to all of us.

Live life and be as happy as you can. Be kind to all living things(including yourself). I find this really difficult coz people really annoy me.

I don't have any friends...But. That's my funeral. :party:

Yes you must always b kind to people. What comes around, goes around.

I've been to spiritualist church on and off down the years. It's something I really, really want to believe in.

Also pets are reunited with owners.

The most amazing message I've ever received in a spiritualist church pupported to be my dog who had died only a couple of days previously. The medium described her exactly, despite not knowing me from Adam, and also described several members of my family with audacious accuracy.

I've got what I'd call a 'healthy scepticism', and I've seen a lot of quite iffy mediums, but this particular woman was amazing.

My theory, for what it's worth: I suspect that the 'soul' (our being) transcends space and time. It is simultaneouly immanent and transcendant; it knows no boundaries. It doesn't reside in the brain - which is merely the interface between our body and our being. When unconscious, our brains temporarily lose communication with our being (for physical reasons), although that being still exists (but not in our brains). When our bodies die, our being (soul) becomes part of the collective unconscious, which in a sense it always was.

Our being develops with the help of our physical bodies (and along with them) and is affected by inherited genes and all life's experiences, but is separate from our bodies. Time and space are inseparable from matter, and our being is 'spiritual', i.e. beyond matter, and therefore beyond time and space. We can only think in terms of matter, time and space because while tied to our bodies we can (normally) only experience a material world (via our usual five physical senses). Our 'reality' is subjective, for it depends upon our subjective senses; it's not the true reality. Occasionally, some of us experience the world beyond those senses, if only momentarily.

We can only guess at what happens after death. Do we meet our loved ones again? Do we still experience suffering? Do we 'pay' if in life we deliberately caused harm to others? Are we reborn as other people? There's tantalising evidence for all of these, but that doesn't mean I 'believe'. I'm sitting on the fence! :unsure:

I can think and talk about death on an intellectual level, but emotionally it frightens me - just as it would a child, for emotionally I never 'grew up'. (That doesn't bother me, it's all I know, but it can cause difficulties with the NT world).

Do we meet our loved ones again?

yes, they will often look younger looking, or how we remembered them.

Do we still experience suffering?

No we leave it all behind.

Do we 'pay' if in life we deliberately caused harm to others?

We experience the emotions of what our victims felt, we also have a review of our life.

Are we reborn as other people?

Only if we have not learnt our lessons in the life we were given.

I would actually like it if there was life after death?

for then, all those that used the promise of that concept,

to hurt and exploit people historically,

would be bought to account.

There is most certainly life beyond so called death, its related throughout history in many forms since written history began. The best evidence is today though when you experience for yourself these events which cant be denied through evidence. Im pleased to see this topic here and hope to talk to you all in more detail about experiences you have had and your beliefs on life after physical death.

I love threads like this.

it's cool everyone can say what they think and feel.

I shall do the same if that's ok? at least on this thread I can't be wrong (or right?)

my reply is.. I don't know :-)

but if their is life after death I sure hope it's more fairer than this rock we are currently stuck on.

I hope it's such a place where decent people are not shafted by those who are not decent.

...and it's not even about that is it?

we all hope for a place when people won't put themselves first, and won't decide they are right above anyone else? for their own selfish reasons.

If you didn't like your ex husband you don't have to see him again. Your only placed with people in area's where you were most happiest.