LCBuk

Looking to meet friends in the South East Kent area

Hello to everyone on this forum! I am new here so I will start off by introdcing myself...

I'm a 28 year old shy female living in Kent in the UK and because of my Asperger's it makes me terribly shy to go to social gatherings usually I am quiet and withdrawn around big groups, but on the other hand I love the thought of talking to people and making new friends. At the moment i'm attending a ''social skills group'' in wilmington Kent, which is fine and I enoy myself there but having attended the group a number of times I feel like they don't give a lot of time or enough time to meet people.

So i'm asking if anyone knows any groups or carers ( since i'm a carer too ) meetings for people with Asperger's or if anyone knows people who would be willing to be sociable. Making friends and listening to other people's needs is esentual I feel.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Hello LCBuk and welcome aboard! :)

You've made a lovely introduction and I'm glad that you're here. Unfortunately I live far away and haven't even visited Kent yet.

I send you a link which might help you with your enquiry and wish you to meet some nice people like yourself. I know what you mean saying this is "essential" for you and agree with you. :)

http://www.asperger.org.uk/about-aea/links.asp