Sign in to follow this  
Gina3

Ramblings

I wonder what would happen if all the Aspies had a country to themselves? It would be run incredibly efficiently I imagine, and all the workers would be rewarded for their hard work and conscientiousness and no-one would be shunned or bullied if they said a clumsy thing or just wanted to be quiet and daydream a bit. There would be no underhand politics, cheating or dishonesty. Wealth would be distributed fairly. There would be nature and wildlife everywhere, no litter, no pollution, no aggressive people. The creative arts and science would be encouraged in every way. In fact it would be heaven!

Sorry, but generalizing much?! No Aspies are bullies? Noone with AS is aggressive, none litter?? All Aspies love wildlife and are hard-working?? Everyone with AS is accepting and non-judgemental?!

~ Mel ~

Hi Gina, :)

Here we have it! I’m not sure about all of the community but I totally support every paragraph of your manifesto. It isn’t a new utopia, we’ve got an example of it - Marxism and some even earlier contributions of the Russian thinkers like Chernyshevcky & Dobrolubov , not to forget the Quakers in England.

Oh, thanks! There are some bits of Marxism in there but I think it's mostly a manifesto for la-la land! Sad that Marxism didn't work out, even Cuba seems to be embracing capitalism now.

Hi Gina, :)

I’m glad that we're on the same page! I agree that an utopia/an idea could be a very pleasing thing but its execution/implementation might turn pretty ugly. I think about it as a series of macro-social experiments in different cultures. This belief system has changed the world as we knew it, changed the way many people think and behave.

Hi Tanya

Yes, ideals don't seem to work out in real life. I remember watching a documentary a few years ago, about life in a commune, where there was supposed to be no heirarchy, but it turned out that a few people worked their way to the top insidiously, and subjugated/intimidated the rest.

Last year I read Noam Chomsky's 'Hegemony or Survival - America's Quest for Global Dominance'. It ends with a description of US plans for 'death stars' - satelite controlled space weapons which can strike any target in the world at a moment's notice. Scary! Noam says our only hope of avoiding disaster is people power. I just hope as humans we will evolve beyond our baser instincts.

gx

Hi Gina,

You’ve observed a classic example like one of those described in Erick Berne’s the Games People play! :)

Ones I fund a community on the Internet , its objective is to unite similar thinking people all round the world. Unfortunately I haven’t saved it in my favourites but the fact is that this movement has begun already. On the other hand it could be all smoke & mirrors. :(

Hm, the community sounds intriguing. Also the book you mention - definitely going to add it to the list of books I want to read :)

hi gina,

good post.

I did one somewhat similar a few weeks ago titled "aspies should run the world :-)"

I find the country you describe sounds very idyllic.

what a wonderful place.

obviously some work would be required by us all,

so i'd be ok giving up my dreaming time... (gazing into the stream or watching the waterfall for hours...)

if it was my time to do my share of what ever it was i could contribute,

I mean someone's got to cook the grub. etc. lol

but i think us aspies would be really fair about it. we'd all do it on a rota, and i think no one would shirk their shift.

all the best.

Edited by dotmarsdotcom

KalamityKat mentioned that a place to chat would be a good idea, this file name is perfect. What can better "Ramblings" for chat that really can not justify a topic of its own. Just one more thing is for a moderator to pin it so it never disappears.