AlexTLF

Aspergers Awareness

I have a shopping bag with 'I Someone with Aspergers' written on the side. Since carrying it around many people have stopped to talk about relatives and others they know who either have Aspergers or suspect they have Aspergers. Apart from these, most people I've met have never heard of Aspergers, let alone know anything about it. I believe the more everyone talks about Aspergers the more the world will have a greater understanding of Aspergers People and their traits. To this end I would like to carry leaflets in the bag to give to people who show an interest. My problem is finding a small (A4 size) leaflet with professionally written guidelines, written to help people who just need a basic understanding. Can anyone help point me in the right direction as I will need a small but steady supply (UK)?

Edited by AlexTLF

Hi Alex,

Mel is right, there're some of NAS's fliers in a health awareness carousel in our library.

It's very graceful of you! :)

As time passes, I think that Asperger's syndrome is more the tip of the autism iceberg. We are just the most verbal ones, and most able to cope in the neurotypical world. Possibly I am wondering if we should be advocates for the "low functioning" people...

I think that would be a very good idea to at least have some literature available should we ever have the opportunity to enlighten people on Adpergers and autism in general.

I'm surprised this topic wasn't discussed more and nobody has returned to it since 2013 as something very similar has raised as a topic today.

We would need to decide on the best way of bringing this to the attention of a wider group of people and a better understanding to the people who have heard of Aspergers that maybe don't have a complete understanding.