Sign in to follow this  
Amanda32

Vertigo

Sorry but this has nothing to do with ASD so I hope none of you mind that much. Obviously I get very anxious ALOT especially socially, I always feel light headed when im out even sometimes indoors. I feel like im swaying, my eyes go funny like black out for a second, bright lights dont help me. I have had low blood pressure in the past but that was when I was having my son 9 years ago. What I wanted to know is as anyone on here suffered or suffering from Vertigo?..Why im asking is that for a while now ive been like this and the doctors take no notice. Few people now have said that it could be this as they have it or the symptoms are the same as someone they know. Please can anyone advise what I should do as YES I do feel like im walking on air, drunk sometimes even though I only keep to soft drinks, get very flushed too.

Sorry again as this as nothing to do with this forum but I know all of you are good as gold and if I can speak for everyone we all keep each other sane...... :thumbs:B)

Take care

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

Hi Amanda,

It may be something to do with your visual perception or possibly an inner ear problem affecting your balance. I was wondering if Ian Jordan could help you, he's a member who is an optician in visual perceptual research and development.

You could try contacting him by PM or e mail.

Nellie xx

Thnx Nellie.... :thumbs:

I never thought about Ian jordan to be honest, why I asked about it is my symptoms are similar but the doctors I see put it all down to anxiety or just palming me off... :wallbash: too be honest ive never mentioned about Vertigo to the Dr. I dont want anyone telling me it's all in my head as only thought about it the last few days as I was approached about it. Will PM Ian now to get some information. I am not getting over the flu etc as heard it can be affected with ear infections if that's right... :unsure: I did have hearing problems when I was younger in the one ear and remember having some op for it but thats as far as I know...No answers of my mother... :angry:

Thanks again Nellie.... :thumbs:>:D<<'>

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

I have vertigo, and usually this happens when my thyroid levels need checking. I have an underactive thyroid which is very common in women. Have u had a test for that or iron levels? :wub:

Hi elaine1

Yes I have had blood tests done a few times for thyroid, iron and a few other things as im always very tired. All comes out normal though, I can fall asleep in the daytime doing a crossword, reading or just watching tv even in the night I fall asleep very early. I can get up very easy in the morning before everyone else but always feel like I haven't slept. In the past I used to get alot of sleeping problems really affected my sleep. Sleep paralysis (I think) I couldn't breath and the more I got worried about going to sleep the more panicky I got with trying to catch my breath. I have frightened my hubby before with this but as calmed down for now but whether all my symptoms are all down to stress/anxiety I will never know. All I can say is the doctors probably think it's all in my head but it's not so I have got to the stage in not bothering with help any longer. I dont feel sick when I get dizzy but bright lights affect me, whether my triedness as something to do with it not sure.

Take care

Amanda

Elaine1. have you considered the menopause? I don't know how old you are but some of your symptoms are similar to mine. I started my menopause at 37, am now nearly 40 but only found out about it a few months ago.

Are your periods ok? the hot flushes are very familiar as is the tiredness. I went through the blood tests for thyroid along with others.

just a thought, I am probably way off the mark.

Viper.

Just an update, had my eyes tested again but she said nothing as changed but she did notice I strain alot with lights and blink quite a bit too. She did a different test today which I haven't had before, it was some red lights I think and some sort of pressure put into your eye she said its to check for gluacoma (cant spell it) but all ok. She advised I go back to my GP as my symptoms are the same and to ask for a check up. I have to take my glasses back on monday as she said pale tint in my glasses may help a bit from the lights. Not sure if I can wear them outdoors as they are only for reading and close up things but its shops etc that will help too so may just wear them now and again outdoors see if there is any improvements. will ask her monday if she recommends me wearing them not just for reading etc.

Thanks for listening

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

My mother-in -law had vertigo, and she had cranial osteopathy which helped.She,s fine now but used to have very bad dizzy spells she felt the problem stemmed from the inner ear .Hope you get something sorted.

Viper i am going through the menopause. I had hysterectomy at 42 and went straight onto hrt, but cos of bad migraines doc took me off them 4 months ago.

I have been suffering badly with sweating, specially through the night.

I do have insomnia but have had it for 6 yrs or more now.

hey ho life gets better for women dosent it!!!!! :wub:

Guest flutter

from experience i would wonder if it is meno that is causing probs for you

http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml

can you not get an different hrt, there are so many, it can be a bit of trial and error to get to the right one, i have been on 4 types

you can take other stuff instead of hrt

soya foods, black cohosh red clover

me thinks i shut up now lol

if u want any more info i do have it

tc

C x

I have Vertigo too but like others have mentioned mine is worse when my thyroid medication needs altering.

It's not nice at it's worse though, sometimes I have difficulty standing straight and at other times I feel like I'm walking on sponges.

visit : nomorepanic

You have described classic anxiety , I get the dizzyness with this along with photophobia (sensitive to lights). Its horrible isnt it.