ryanhendry94

Trying to raise awareness in local area.

Hi.

I currently run an Asperger's/Autism support group, but I've been having problems trying to raise awareness of it to others, and getting it noticed by those who it may benefit. I have a Facebook Page, Twitter Account, Wordpress site and a dedicated email address, but I feel I'm struggling to reach my target audience, and I'm not quite sure how to reach them. Does anyone have any advice, or previous experience of how to reach those people it is aimed at?

It's aimed at quite a general base, basically anyone with Autism/Asperger's, or anyone affected by the condition, be that a family member, friend, colleague, fellow school pupil, etc.

Hi,

If you haven't already, you may wish to contact Autism Initiatives Northern Ireland who will have a lot of contacts to get information to autistic people and those involved with them:

http://www.autisminitiatives.org/where-we-are/autism-initiatives-northern-ireland/

Local schools, libraries, doctors' surgeries, Citizens' Advice and other places where people go for help may be able to display information about your support group. Community notice boards in places such as shops, post offices, community centres, youth clubs and churches might be another possibility.

Good luck, and well done for doing something so practical and committed to help other people :-)

Could you advertise your wordpress site via Autism Iniatives Northern Ireland? Are there any conferences about autism you can attend to drum up support?