Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

Lettings Agency: Not understanding/ Support from agencies

I find it hard to deal with the lettings agency. I constantly get meltdowns because i find it hard living alone. I have a tenancy support worker until after xmas but now she helping me move she is staying with me longer despite having no social services support as of yet.

The lettings agency dont seem to understand me except one. I had meltdowns when things go wrong. when i say meltdowns its me crying and feeling frustrated at the same time. I lost my keys i had meltdown had to deal with that, meltdowns accidentally locking me outside the house when i left the key in doors even having a flooded house :( the house is extremely damp for my health that doctor diagnosed me like this ' combination of a virus with a damp house, and as used to be asthmatic your genetically ill for this' .

Any way today lettings agency sprung on me there is a flat. My support worker sent in the transfer letter yesterday very quick response was a studio flat, which i said can u speak to my support worker. Then she spoke with him and arranged a viewing until she told me she read there website and has a shared bathroom so i said i didnt like that. So i emailed him what support said then he responds saying he needs to do an house expection not giving me enough notice to cope and i had to contact support worker for advise so she said ' say your not available until next week' i gave him the day of friday. He said that they can just come in the house and leave me a pink slip if anything needs doing and i asked support for help as i cant seem to get through to him so she said email saying you have no storage until next week and cant tidy flat with no storage

Storage coming

-Wardrobe

Chest of drawers

Bedside Cabinet

Sideboard unit

Bookcase (rearranged for this saturday)

So got to make the house spick and span, its hard. Social worker hasnt really provided me with a community support worker for 2 hours a week but now has asked for my tenancy support worker to be there next wednesday to discuss the outcome of the assessment but she wont tell me if its good or bad news.

- Support has been identified:

- Accidents in kitchen especially leaving on hob for 4 hours without noticing

- Help organise through my belongings though its not my tenancy support workers job to help me.

- Finding myself around unfamilar areas

- Support me to contact Benefits/deal with my bills etc

Edited by Special_talent123