Sign in to follow this  
mrs q

Where Is Everyone From???

Does anyone live in North Cambridgeshire?

Just wondering where everyone lives....

You not have to answer just wanted to know rough areas.....

I live in South Manchester. So far school and Ed psyh been v. good. Time will tell, we have just asked for statutory assessment.

The teacher/senco is very good, she is doing training for teachers at their residential about ASD, also invited me along to a meeting of an LEA group called Autism in Mind and they meet quarterly - so, so far so good.

Elaine

i live in oxfordshire where the lea is not so clued up but we have a fairly good (if late coming) autism support service ran by charity.

Hello :P

I live in North East Lincolnshire (South Humberside), mixed feeling's about LEA!

Edited by Rachelp2

Leeds LEA is cr*p too.

They just got a great ofsted report saying their inclusion is excellent but they have no idea - inclusion seems to mean having to conform regardless of need and they actually said at tribunal that equal opportunities means treating all pupils the same!

I worked for them so I know it from both sides

:angry:

zemanski

Gateshead (somebody has to).

School is OK so far, current Y1 teachers are fantastic and I couldn't ask for better. SENCO has been very helpful so far too. Can't say any more than that because we haven't started statementing process yet. The eternal optimist in me has her fingers firmly crossed.

Karen

x

We live in Birkenhead.

On balance the LEA have been pretty good so far, but don't get me started on the school..... :angry::angry:

As ever you have to stand up for yourself to get what you need.

Simon

Hi

We live in Winchester Hants.

Schools are bad and as for the rest does anyone ever get throught to anyone on the phone? That is if the person you want to speak to is in the office that week!

x

x

xxx

x

I live in Kent. Not sure what the lea is like yet.

Hev I come from Gravesend, my parents and sister still live there.

Viper.

Edited by Viper

I LIVE IN OXFORDSHIRE (WHERE ARE YOU FROM NIKI?)

LEA WERE PRETTY GOOD GETTING THE STATEMENT SORTED,ALTHOUGH NOT ACTUALLY HAD ANY CONTACT WITH THEM IN PERSON (ALL DONE THROUGH POST) AND NO CONTACT WITH THEM SINCE - DON'T THEY HAVE ANY INPUT DIRECT WITH CHILD OR PARENT?

I'm excited there's someone else here from Gateshead! :clap:

Hello Karen. Whereabouts in Gateshead do you live? We're in Heworth.

Anyone else in Tyne & Wear?

Eek! Another Geordie! I went to Heworth Comprehensive, back in the Middle Ages. I'm now in Low Fell. Gawd, I can feel a coffee morning coming on ...

Karen

x

I live in Sunderland and Julie, otherwise known as Busfreak, lives in Washington. There is also another new member here also living in Washington. Do you think that we have an ASD cluster in Tyne and Wear?

Carole

I'm near Heworth Comp Karen, my dp went there (what years were you there?). A coffee morning would be great :)

Hello all Tyne and wear people! And hello everyone else too.

jlp, I tried to email you but I got a message telling me I can't. Anyone know how to put this right?

I was at Heworth 71-76 (I'm very, very old). It's twice the size now than it was in my day!

Since I can't email on the board, do you want to drop me a line at karenthirlaway@yahoo.co.uk? Would love to meet!

Karen

x

I'm the next town up on the A30 to williamsaffire, otherwise known as doughnut city due to the amount of roundabouts. Currently working in 2 other towns in north hants and dealing with 2 lots of social services and two lots of respite cares. And just about keeping sane! love kat

we're from do'nut city too, not had any dealings yet with Lea but school finally getting somewhere, for now!!!

helen

Hi

I am from Fareham in Hampshire, Only joined a few days ago and really enjoying the site.

School very supportive, luckily..

Any one else from down south?

Sharon.

Hi

I live in North West Norfolk, The Norfolk LEA are pretty switched on where aspergers is concerned. It does help having Aspergers East Angila in Norwich which help parents dealing with statementing and schooling issues

Regards

Marie