Sign in to follow this  
Idura.Hisham

Resources (Toys, etc) To Help Autism Children

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. So correct me if my way of posting is wrong. I'm a student volunteer at a local Special Needs Home in my local Malaysia. I'm currently on a holiday in UK and was wondering whether there are any special kinds of toys, stories book or any other resources I can use to help teach the students back on home on social skills, reading, writing and etc . I really hope for your kind input on this matter and am really hopeful in being able to bring back something helpful. The awareness regarding ASD and Asperger's are rather low back in Malaysia, therefore, resources for it are hard to find. Therefore, I hope to be able to use this oppurtunity to do something good for those at home.

Sincerely,
Idura

Hi Idura, I am 24 and got autism. I didnt have these as a child but could of benefited of them though so i will share u what helps me as a sensory room which im using my bedroom as.

UV lights- anything thats flashing colours. I prefer red, green and blue colours in my toys such as my butterfly wand, then there is my star night light projector. If the child has epilepsy this wouldnt be for them.

I also have a giggle bag, lavender aromasqueezeme dough

Basically a lot of visual and touchy feely stuff. What i am wanting now is a glitter lava lamp and a bubble tube and some touchy feely items like a tangle.