Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Well, my son is now into

'Superhero'.

He has just turned off Cbeebies/CBBC to have on Superman, and Thunderbirds. Wonder how long this new obsession will last for???

I took James to see Madagascar last week, in the middle of his renewed Thunderbirds obsession. He's now acting out all the Thunderbirds stories with the Madagascar characters in key roles piloting the vehicles (Alex the Lion in TB1, Gloria the Hippo in TB2 etc), with the penguins coordinating the whole shebang from TB5 in space.

No doubt Robot Wars will be incorporated by teatime.

Karen

x

Hi my son was once a superhero for about 18 months and wore a cape continuosly except at school when it was in the bag! He stopped when we went on holiday last yr as swimming in the sea was difficult in a cape :lol: and never restarted until yesterday when he found it again! I hope it is just going to be a short revist this time.

When I was a kid I would fantasise about being Rocket Man (an old black and white superhero) then I went through a phase of being Jan Michael-Vincent out of Airwolf :bat:

My son invented a super hero called 'Rescue Man' when he was about 4. Charlie (now nearly 7) talked in incredible detail about how he lived in a power station, the food he liked, clothes etc. I noticed a few months ago that Charlie hardly mentioned him anymore- then we were looking at a space book where it showed a picture of a shooting star, and Charlie told me it was a picture of Rescue Man dying :unsure:

Sarahjane,

Your post really made me laugh, I even interrupted other half's BB viewing to read it out to him, I was chuckling so much he couldn't tell what I was saying.Have calmed down now, and can say that we been there(are there) with the obsessions ! latest for youngest is Spyro, and a character in it who swings a big stick shouting 'Kemal ! '

he's doing this with kitchen implements and managed to hit his dad on the head with the end of a whisk that flew off, oops !

Edited by waccoe

Aww sweet...this has just reminded me of my major obsession with the cartoon 'the rugrats' I was soooo obsessed with these from the age of 12 right through to being 19 years old! I bought over �1000 worth of rugrats related things and would cloect anything that had even a picture of them on it. I would talk about the rugrats all the time...did school projects on the rugrats. used to talk to my friends about them...lol

I grew out of that but it just again makes me think why school/6th form did not ever think this was abnormal. I mean a couple of times i would go into class (6th form when i had some money) with santa sized bags full of rugrat dolls toys etc...but people just used to laugh and think it was sweet etc!! To me it was something I had to do because i was obsessed...lol

My obsession that i have had since the earliest age and sometimes even are human eyes when they are unconcious/asleep!! I have no idea why but it is something i have known since being a young child. I also like to find answers to peoples problems and wont stop until i find it. I also like leanring about medical/surgical problems. I used to read books on illness's when i was a kid and i watch all the medical tv programmes. I obsess when someone is ill and try to find out what the cuase is etc.

My two boys have a shared obsession with the Power Rangers. The worst was having to sit through an entire Power Rangers weekend on the Jetix channel. I've never seen so much bad acting in my life. :lol: The poor boys couldn't understand why I was in fits of laughter during all the dramatic fight scenes. :wub::lol:

ooh i hate power rangers, why do they always have to fight in a park lol. their enemies love spandex dont they lol B)