Dijac

Success

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for a while - 2 years ago my son, (then 12), was supposed to go on a school trip to London - we live in France, so quite a big feat. Well, he really wanted to go, but just couldn't - we could almost see him fighting with himself - he was just too stressed. (Where would he sleep? - he had a fear of public toilets, what if he didn't like the food) etc

Last year the only time he went out was to go to school.

Roll on 2 years, (now almost 15) and last night he came back from a school trip to Venice. Since September he has been in Lycee (like 6th form), and is in a much more serious class - so more like minded people - he has lots of friends, mainly girls, but one boy he likes enough to share a room with. His principal teacher knows of his AS and said she'd keep an eye on him, and she said she'd ensure he shared just with this one boy. The first day or so I had a lot of texts saying he was too tired and hated it - but once he settled, he had a good time. He even bought me a pair of tiny Venetian mask earrings. He hasn't told me a lot yet - after a week of being sociable he needs to be left alone now. But we are feeling very proud of the progress he has made this last year.

Just thought I'd share a success story.

Diane

Hello

I think I remember your post about "should I stay or should I go" a while back?

Well done to you and your son for managing to find a niche for him and an environment suitable for his needs.