Sally44

Gluten and Dairy Free Diet

I am thinking of trying my son on this type of diet to see if it helps with his extreme fatigue, wind and loose stools.

But first I am trying it on myself so I know what tastes nice and where to get it. I have fibromyalgia and this diet can sometimes be beneficial for that condition, so i'm having a go.

What I have found almost immediately is that I feel very nauseous most of the time. I am also full of wind [whereas I wasn't before], and I keep burping sulphur smelling burbs. Not nice.

I have now also cut out Soy incase that was the cause. But does anyone have any other suggestions as to the cause of the sickness and wind? Or could it just be a reaction to the change in diet and will get better in a few days?

I can answer this for myself as I have allergies well more intolerants, but I cant introduce it back in me as it wont tolerate again.

Windy/loose stools can mean IBS, or intolerants to foods.

I was diagnosed with IBS, but I was having lactose the lactose I worked out was making me ill so I came off and it was better, but I noticed that the dairy and gluten/wheat was flaring up my IBS and then realised after slowly cutting it out that soy is making me windy too which soy does not cope that well if I have too much in my body.

I have hazelnut milk, prefer it to almonds

I prefer genius GF/DF bread to eat with

U can get GF pasta from stores, but I prefer health store one that I have quinoa pasta.

I found gluten free noodles also in discount health store, or goodness direct

Will he eat or drink ginger? I found this really helped with my nausea.

Hi I have fibromyalgia and follow the paleo diet. It is basically eating in a more natural way, if you can't kill it, dig it up or pick it you can't eat it (I don't kill my own food though LOL). The diet cuts out all grains, legumes, dairy and artificial additives/preservatives. I stick to a diet rich in meat fish vegetables some fruit nuts seeds and healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil. It has reduced my pain levels significantly and I have much more energy not to mention glossy hair better skin and a better temperament. I have also lost weight despite a relatively high fat diet.

My son has ASD/ADHD and was lactose intolerant as a small child. I think he still is as he gets abdominal pain all the time and is severely underweight. Good luck with your diet and if you need more info PM me.

Be careful with how much u cut out because like myself I was lacking nutrients because I only eat fish and I nearly collapsed in which I had to buy non artificial supplements to replace those that I was lacking or I would collapse.

If vegetarian/vegan you are supposed to have beans, grains and stuff to keep you going too.

my food consists of mainly salmon , other fish, salads, veg then grain pasta , quinoa/rice, quorn meat but not too much of quorn, hazelnut milk, coconut oil, etc.

Edited by Special_talent123