Sign in to follow this  
Akunin

Proof of ASD.

Sorry for so many posts today >.<

At the moment all I have as 'proof' is my letter of diagnosis, I just wondered if there is anything else you can get as proof of having ASD without having to take the letter to appointments etc. all the time?

My advisor at the Job Centre read through the whole diagnosis, as she wanted to see proof, but I don't want everyone at appointments to read the whole thing, as there is obviously some very personal information in there.

-Tsukimi

Edited by Tsukimi

Could you ask your GP to write a short two line letter with no personal info in but just stating the facts? You can get cards from the NAS saying 'this person has AS ...., etc' you could show people or else they produce leaflets that give a bit of information about AS. That isn't actually 'proof' as such, but if they need you to prove you have it, I guess they'd need to contact your GP or consultant.

~ Mel ~

I went to see my doctor and she actually mentioned it before I had any need to. She said to just copy the very last page which states I have been diagnosed with ASD and also the signature of my diagnostician, she even stated "You don't really want a lot of strangers reading it, as it is very personal" so I am glad about that!

Thank you again, Mel :)

-Tsukimi

Edited by Tsukimi