Sign in to follow this  
pingu

the simpsons

Hi Everyone,

I know that there has been many topics on Obsessions, but in my rush to write before been disturbed again i cant seem to find them, But i just thought i would post kierans latest which is THE SIMPSONS. Its driving me potty, he refuses to answer to his name, and wants to be called Maggie, and is now requesting a dummy !! :pray: I wouldnt mind, but we have had this DVD box set since Christmas and no-one has bothered with it, then by chance last week i put it on for the eldest and within a week we have become springfield clones.

Oh well i suppose it could be worse !! we still have the bathplug thing going, Our neighbours keep kindly returning them each time they find one in their gardens !! :oops:

He also has a thing for a few adverts too, so he will yap all the way through our programmes and the second the ads come on we all have to be quiet so he can watch them, His 3 favs are

1)Norton finance (with the guy walking along the tightrope with the boxes)

2)M&S (this is not just steak, this is aberdeen angus etc etc)

3)Huggies (20 times stretchified)

Well im off to quieten maggie lisa and bart before they drive homer around the bend.

Take care everyone only 5 weeks to go lol. :clap:

Shaz (or should that be Marge)

x

Hi Shaz,

The bathplug thing!

My son takes all bath and sink plugs to bits and stretches the connections - what is it about bath plugs. My friend replaced mine with one from her AS sons's collection!

There is a theme running through this!

My son is also a Simpsons fan

Best wishes

HelenL

hi all my twins have been a simpsons fan for as long as i can remeber they used to call their little brother maggie as he sucked a dummy when he was little they watch it every day of their lives but when the adverts come on they cannot sit at peace it is up down roundabout till they come on again i like the ones on bbc2 no adverts i could act in it i have seen it that many times keep smilin luv karin xx

:sick::tearful: Oh I HATE the simpsons we have it on every night. even episodes that we've seen time and time again GRRRR!

Makes me sick

:sick:

Lisa

:sick:  :tearful: Oh I HATE the simpsons we have it on every night. even episodes that we've seen time and time again GRRRR!

Makes me sick

:sick:

Lisa

It might be discontinued within the near future,a simpsons movie is currently in development(finally)

The simpsons haven't added anything inovative with each episode,and it's age is starting to show,a lot of people think it will be finished before or around the movie.

And there is a futurama(also by the simpsons maker-Matt Groening) movie supposedly being released to,it will be a straight to video/dvd movie according to what I have read.

The Futurama series was finished a while ago,it doesn't get repeated near enough as much as the simpsons very old episodes on sky one do,and it's a more original cartoon.

Edited by TuX

lol. My sons is Father Ted. At least you dont have him shouting DRINK! Feck! and girls most of the day lol.

i turned on the puter this morning went to make myself a drink! and heard father ted theme tune. He had downloaded the bloomin screensaver.

its haunting me....................... :lol:

:lol: Sorry but I can't help but think how funny it must be in the households where the things being copied are Simpsons and Father Ted (I love Father Ted) B)

I feel quite blessed with sealife obsessions, him calling anyone who makes a mistake etc 'DURRRRR', AH AH OO EE TOOKY TOOKY from George of the Jungle and the silly chant from Jacki Chan as noone else understands it, the only ones people understand with my son are Robot Wars phrases, you can't say Thunder and Lightening without him saying 'very very frightening me' (no its not from listening to Queen it was said on Robot Wars)

My sons always had a thing for adverts, saying all the slogans as we do the shopping and believing everything they say for many years now. He even argues with himself as to which washing powders the best.

Best of Luck with the Simpsons and Father Ted households B) , but please stop reminding me that I have 5 more weeks before I get the flags out :tearful:

Edited by lil_me

Hello,we have the simpsons on every night to. I would much rather watch the soaps .I have a telly in the kitchen which is great . I have it on while doing my kitchen chores and even have a seat in there so i can watch some adult telly if i get desperate. It was one of my better ideas :):):)

Oh I do hope its coming to an end Tux, but we seem to get constant repeats now, how many years will it go on for? :pray::pray::pray::pray:

I quite like Father Ted though, altogether now, drink feck a**e girls! :dance:

Better not tell my lot theres a Father Ted screen saver, I'll have it next! We've got multi coloured Daleks now!

Lisa

Edited by Lisajb