Sign in to follow this  
madsadie

PIP and residential school

Hi all

Does anyone know if you lose PIP if they go to residential placement. I would imagine they do if it's termly, but what about if they came back bi- weekly?

thank you

I also don't know about PIP. But my son gets DLA and stays some nights residential. I've been told that if he is at home for any part of a 24 hours period ie. day or night of any day, that he would still get DLA for that day. The only time he would not get DLA is if he sleeps over in school and is in the school the next day and does not come home on that day either. So currently my son stays over on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday night and comes home Friday after school. He would only lose DLA for the Thursday as that is the only day he is in school for the complete 24 hours. And they only take that day into account after 28 days of staying over on that night.

So if my son refuses to sleep over on Thursday his DLA would remain untouched. Does that make sense?