Warrior

Advice on posture, rigidity in thought and behaviour/movement

Hi,

Please can somebody offer me some advice/information on improving body posture.

Also, can somebody offer me some advice/information on overcoming rigidity in thought and behaviour/movement.

Thank you :)

Is this relating to a child or adult? And what is their functioning level. And can you give specific examples?

Weighted or pressure vests help me sit up properly.

Hi Warrior,

Do you also have coordination difficulties? I had treatment for dyspraxia (AKA development coordination disorder), of which posture is a big part, from this organization: http://inpp.org.uk/

They believe, and I think this is pretty likely to be true, that bad posture is the result of absence of postural reflexes. So normal people have these completely automatic reflexes that help them to be upright, walk, and do other things.

Although in my case there was only a small improvement in posture but coordination did improve quite a lot. The treatment is quite time taking unfortunately and requires several repeat visits. I’m considering returning there again to see if further treatment will improve my posture.