I have always lacked confidence and have always been shy. Even though I have been a model since a young age, I am still worried and anxious about taking my clothes off. I also have trouble allowing people to touch me intimately. I am not even keen on touching myself.

Anyone else have these issues?

Your bodies a part of you, nothing you can do about it. You'll have to take your clothes off eventually if you want to wash them. Have you been made to feel embarrassed in the past? This could be down to a past life issue.

I was abused as a small boy, so it's probably something to do with that. I am scared sexually. It's very frustrating

People with gender dysphoria ie those who identify as trans (male brain female body, female brain male body, neutral gender brain either body) experience this issue and some of them have been abused.

Could it just be lack of experience? It takes some people a long time to get used to being with others and being touched and touching them and knowing what to do and how to enjoy intimacy. Could be you just haven't met the right person yet. To enjoy touch you need to in some ways lose self-awareness and go to another place, and maybe you feel too self-aware touching yourself and not able to lose yourself in the moment. Could be you need to transport yourself with someone you really trust before you feel comfortable and that takes time.

~ Mel ~

Thank you for your comments. Maybe I just need to learn to touch myself first before trying it with others

Have you thought of massage? It would be a way of getting used to being touched by someone else. You could give it a try and if you can tolerate it make a regular appointment until you feel acclimatised to it. Also hair cuts; you could use a hairdresser rather than a barber, who could wash and cut your hair, they give head massages as they're washing and conditioning hair and would be another way of getting used to being touched by others. Also, yes, get used to your own touch.

~ Mel ~

I am very nervous of massage, if I can get relaxed enough, I can just about cope with it. The room has to be dark. I cannot even masturbate

Maybe if you tried to go regularly you would become more accustomed to it and feel less anxious in time? You could wear headphones with your favourite music to try to get in a more relaxed mood. What about yoga or pilates to try to get more in touch with your own body?

~ Mel ~

Sorry to hear that and hope things improve for you in time. Have you thought about seeing a psychologist about the problem or a sex therapist?

~ Mel ~

I have had some counselling and therapy. I can have sex to a point, but it would never involve me climaxing