lynyona

strange issue re surfaced after years

Kieran is 28 now and when he was 9 or ten he had issues wouldn't sleep in his own bedroom we decorated with things he liked still nothing he d walk around until 4 in the morning crying so to let the household get some sleep we put a mattress on our bedroom floor which he slept on till we moved here which is over 15 years ago quite happy with his new bedroom. On Friday he was walking around until 3 o clock and I went out to see what the matter was and he said he couldn't sleep in his bedroom when I asked him why he said he didn't know he just couldn't and could he sleep on the sofa which he did three days on he is still sleeping on the sofa and he doesn't know why we ve explained he cant sleep on the sofa forever its not good for his back and it ll be getting cold soon he accepts that but chooses to ignore it I cannot possibly think what as made him go back there after all this time...was it maybe a spider in his room a bad dream..im at a loss but im not going to let him sleep on the sofa forever

He could be craving the proprioception you get from the sofa. Does he use heavy blankets? If so a weighted blanket might keep him in bed.

Thank you for your reply I must confess I wasn't sure what the word proprioception meant until I put it in google reading the definition it made sense to me .Excuse me for my ignorance but I presume that in his mind it makes sense to him to and im hoping that he will just turn it around somehow like he did before .He doesn't like heavy blankets only his quilt on his bed