dotmarsdotcom

casandra syndrome

here's an interesting topic,

I'll give it a go anyway, let's see how it goes.

(and please take it with a pinch of salt. this isn't one of those deep ones.. it's just meant to be a bit of fun yeah? so no one go mean and vicious about it? it's just a laugh?)

so I'm assuming you all know the Cassandra curse? it's to see the future? but be cursed that no one will ever believe you?

(I believe it's from Greek mythology. Apollo gave Cassandra the ability to see the future, in order to seduce her? but when she wasn't interested in him? he turned it into a curse... that "she'd never be believed?")

*he was a bit mean! what a sad guy, but anyway.. that's the back ground prep to it. right or wrong, that's what the myth says :-)*

so back to the point...

how many of us Asperger's people just seem to know things? because we don't fall into their group behaviour of fitting in stuff that maybe isn't right. etc.

and do you find they hate you even more cause you were right? truly hate you?

..and then to cap it all, after they have dropped you, they go to their mates, and claim to of been the first ones to of had the idea you had? to get the credit for it?

lol

realising this is how "normal people" are is one of the things that made me more happy about being Asperger's. cause normal peoples behaviour is mentally ill. not Asperger's folks.

sorry about my rant.

I hate the concept of Cassandra syndrome and IMHO feel this isn't something we should joke about.

Ty for the responses.

I must admit the morning after I'd typed that in,

I was a bit worried it might not be appropriate.

I was also worried I might not of explained my point properly, and the post end up being perceived as complete gibberish.

I'd value an elaboration of your opinions, Mt McKinley if you feel like going into more detail, but it's ok if you don't.

(I enjoy discussions be they in the direction of my opinion, or the other way :-)

how many of us Asperger's people just seem to know things? because we don't fall into their group behaviour of fitting in stuff that maybe isn't right. etc.

and do you find they hate you even more cause you were right? truly hate you?

This has often happened in my life. I've often been told that I know too much, but I also have a weird intuition about things that defies logic. People see me as a rational thinker, for my intuitive side is usually far less obvious but it's equally powerful. It can be very useful, but at times it has annoyed others. (I'm not sure whether they truly hate me because of this - a few might have done). I've also experienced what I can only term 'paranormal' happenings such as extreme sychronicities, déjà vu, déjà vécu, frequent lucid dreams, mild synaesthesia, etc. My rational side can't make any sense out of all this, but I can hardly deny its existence. It's just part of me, and always has been.

ty for the reply mihaela,

I hope you don't think I'm stalking you lol

I left a reply to your reply on my other thread, came here, and found your reply here also.

but, going back to the subject of the thread... what I find is I'm very good at anticipating practical things?

i.e. if a family member or family friend has set up a new business, I can pretty much say to others whether to invest/ not invest.

if it's anything to do with business, I can tell in an instant if they are giving us the full "sp" or not, and whether folks should be a bit nervous or not?

((I'm always falling out with my wife about this sort of stuff. often she doesn't listen to me, and looses money,

and then hates me, cause she thinks I'm projecting the "I told you so" onto her, which I never do :-( it's her money and up to her what she does with it!))

..and there's loads of other practical things where.. similarly I seem to have the edge on such matters (or so I think?)

but when it comes to social stuff I'm completely clueless.

I'm mostly wrong. I always say the wrong thing when it comes to stuff like that.

my hearts in the right place... I really want to say the right thing, but I never do :-( I always seem to make it worse when I try to use my diagnostic skills in social situations

I'm pretty luck though. I've got my step son who has Asperger's as well.

me and him are like laurel and hardy when it comes to trying to perform in social situations.

but we both have each other to fall back on after we've upset everyone in the room. lol

and we can both say to each other "that's another fine mess we've both got ourselves into! :-)"