dotmarsdotcom

should we stop artificial inteligence?

I've noticed other people just post new ideas,

so I'm assuming it's ok to do the same?

my idea for discussion --->

is artificial intelligence ok? (it does seem to be developing a bit more rapidly these days, the "moment of singularity does seem to be approaching ever more closely.)

1) should we stop it?

2) should we program in the "Asimov three laws"

3) should we let it be and see how it goes?

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, Juraj said:

It looks that you would take a job from a lot of aspies working on AI.

Except that the article you've posted says that the alleged link between high-tech careers and Asperger syndrome doesn't stand up to further scrutiny.

I'm reminded of the time I heard Tony Attwood speak (in Exeter) and he remarked that the Met Office "just up the road from here ... would be Aspie heaven". I heckled him because of how the said employer treated me. Moreover, I could have added that I was once told that there were 10 employees known to be on the autistic spectrum at Met Office HQ. This was when the HQ was in Bracknell, so it's possible not all of them relocated to Exeter. With a headcount of over 1000, that suggests that the AS:NT ratio was no higher than the world at large - slightly less, in fact.

True, I didn't read it. Do you mean scientists, engineers? It gives a sense while the official ratio in the whole population is irrelevant for a comparison. You can't compare it because too many of the diagnosed aspies don't work, so you can't find them in any profession (including high-tech) and there's a lot of undiagnosed (working). Also, it looks that is better to have a secret, so you don't find many of them in any company stats. To be honest, on rather of the work interviews is a very bad idea to say it (if it's not obvious) and it's illegal if an employer asks it. 

I study science in computer science (thus, the work on any kind of artificial intelligence is a job for me) and for 8 years, I'm in a society of programmers (partly professionally). I can recognize a programmer just by the behavior, personality, and vocabulary. Usually, they don't share characteristics of a strong Asperger's syndrome (that's rare), but it's nothing rare to see a mild syndrome that leaves them abilities to manage social interactions (that's very common), but still diagnosable because of the obsessivity, special interests, etc. If you'll mix people from MBA with CS and will try to guess who is who, it's not gonna take very long time till you really recognize minimally 6/10. ASD is one of many factors making the difference.

Edited by Juraj