felines are superior

Post something positive that happened to you today

I met a beautiful light orange cat in the tiny park near my building and held down a three minutes conversation with a stranger walking her dog. found out she's also a kind hearted soul who feeds feral cats, like me.

A great idea for a thread!
I had a lovely day yesterday with my friend. We set off walking at 8am and visited a church where her mother's Christmas tree had been delivered before Christmas (A big, beautiful tree, getting too big for her garden). We met a woman there who fosters cats, as I do sometimes. Then we walked through the woods in the frost - and prodded some puffballs which puffed out yellow smoke. My friend gave me a bracelet that could hardly fit me and we laughed a lot. Later she nearly slipped on the icy path, but I saved her. We ended up shopping for cheap food in three supermarkets. I never have panic attacks in those places when we're together. We got the giggles instead. :D

I was very tired when I got back here, partly due to the long journey I'd had on Saturday.

Edited by Mihaela

A great idea for a thread!

I had a lovely day yesterday with my friend. We set off walking at 8am and visited a church where her mother's Christmas tree had been delivered before Christmas (A big, beautiful tree, getting too big for her garden). We met a woman there who fosters cats, as I do sometimes. Then we walked through the woods in the frost - and prodded some puffballs which puffed out yellow smoke. My friend gave me a bracelet that could hardly fit me and we laughed a lot. Later she nearly slipped on the icy path, but I saved her. We ended up shopping for cheap food in three supermarkets. I never have panic attacks in those places when we're together. We got the giggles instead. :D

I was very tired when I got back here, partly due to the long journey I'd had on Saturday.

sounds like one hell of a great day! wish all days would be like that.

I visited The Crystal (a new visitor attraction in London's docklands containing a exhibition about urban sustainability) and went for a ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car.

nice idea for a thread.

I unravelled a glove I was knitting a couple of days ago, I wasn't sure at the time whether I should of done this as knitting can be taxing on me.

However today when I reached the point where I had unpicked it, the thumb, I knew I had done the right thing as the holes where much smaller, instead of great big gapping joining holes. I knew I had done the right thing, even though a little extra effort was involved

This is such a quality idea for a thread! :)

I saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and outlined some plans for the new year

I made a blood donation.

I really didn't want to go for a run but I dragged myself out anyway. I did four miles and was faster than I'd been in a long time after coming back from injury so I was very glad I'd gone.

~ Mel ~

The realisation that I’ve had an interesting but mostly good 2014. First job in over 10 years, first time as an adult in a romantic relationship*, first time using a tripod to take serious photographs and first time lecturing to groups at the Astronomy club. Let’s hope 2015 is a year of building on foundations.

*Hope to find #2 in the new year, but might as well enjoy being single – though I hope it won’t last too long icon_wink.gif

Final thoughts for 2014 – well I got the last sunset and the last moonrise, maybe I’ll see Orion and Comet Lovejoy tonight, Great British Weather permitting icon_smile.gif

Edited by Martin Howe

I applied for a life style mentor apprenticeship and reapplied for JSA

I've had a great day today. I went for a long walk with my aspie friend. We set off early and everywhere was frosty, but after a while the sun came out brightly making the frost glitter in rainbow colours. We talked to the sheep and walked through the 'Dark Wood' (and it is dark!) up onto the moors for miles, and ended up in Sunny Vale where there are lots of streams and waterfalls. In the woods we found a rope swing on a tree and had a few wild swings. Further on we found a strange ruined old building with a long arched tunnel leading out onto the hillside which we walked down (bent). By then the sun had melted the ice and the paths had become muddier and muddier. We had to climb over umpteen walls, and cross many streams using little bridges or stones. I felt I was doing very well keeping up with my friend (she's half my age and makes fun of me lagging behind! - which I only do to look at things - not because I'm slow). Anyway, we were both seeing who'd slip first, and right near the end I went skidding in some mud and fell! Ugh! It was great fun though, and we took loads of photos. :bounce:

Edited by Mihaela

I applied for a few jobs including two apprenticeship lifestyle mentor positions which may get me into the care and social support industries

I finally wrote my Christmas thank-you notes.

I'm on day four of my workouts. It sounds like a tiny amount but I am immensely proud of myself and am already beginning to feel the difference :)

Have taken my wheelchair around the block on my own, and further afield up a muddy (it wasn't to begin with) (green road)/(public path) that a "chelsea tractor" would have got stuck on. Thats a ramble around a larger block.

I am in pain now, but it is mostly muscle, yippee, it will heal in a few days.

My wheelchair has power assisted wheels and another really good thing, something called "Freewheel", this freewheel lifts the front castors and replaces these supports with it self a larger single wheel with a pneumatic tyre. The "blurb" on the web site, says "people have taken wheelchairs with these up mountains", after today, I can really believe that.

If you use a wheelchair out and about, a "FreeWheel" will really help, especially with curbs.

I have been stuck indoors, the "freewheel" has liberated me. Its really only the 2nd day that I have used it.

I have a young friend with severe scoliosis and brittle bone disease, who's confined to a wheelchair. He's recently got a 'power chair' which sound similar to what you have. I'll ask him if it's got the "freewheel". If not, he'll be wanting one himself! :)

I was on a train that stopped at a station called "Braintree Freeport". How futuristic that sounds - does Dan Dare commute from there?!