Sign in to follow this  
templek

just received AS Quotient questionnaire

Arrived from my local NHS authoritiy Mental Health services. It is rather brief only ten questions. Some i cant really relate to. I dont know what answers they are looking for. Would it be 'cheating' to ask others on here about them? or how they interpret the answers? or what to put? Is it Best to answer honestly as possible and see what they make of it?

I often get bored with these general questions asking for scale of whether i agree or disagree.

The first question about observing small sounds when others do not. I have no experience of ever doing that and that is an aspergers trait?

I also dont read novels or books with different characters, to get to know their intentions. Last time i did that was when doing A levels or maybe at university as part of a course.

So would they still see me if i ticked the boxes that would suggest i am not an asperger? Or they would speak regardless? This is my secret fear before filling in the questionnaire

I remember filling in several of these questionnaires, most of the time a individual from the NHS Mental Health was with with me at the time.

Is the first?

It sounds like an initial filtering one, just one? I think I must of done two or three at the start?

Really be yourself, and answer honestly.

Aspergers and ASD is not a single descriptive type, many vary different types are contained within it, there is not a typical Aspergers.

If you answer using answers that are not yours these will be discovered at the interview, where a lot of what you have answered in the questionnaires will be gone through again. I know, as I have just had a diagnostic interview, today. I should get the full diagnoses in a few days to a week or so.