felines are superior

This is horror. How do we stop it?

Autistic kids being tortured at Judge Rotenberg center, and according to this article, some have died. Please share this on every social media there is and scream your heads off.

https://adiaryofamom.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/judge-rotenberg-center/#comment-58577

I'm raging inside at the utter stupidity and cruelty of so-called professionals in the so-called Land of the Free.

What with 'extraordinary rendition', 'enhanced interrogation techniques' (cheap euphemisms for kidnapping and torture) it now turns out that 'professionals' in that same country believe that autism is 'treatable' like a disease, and that their idea of 'treatment' is actually flagrant torture.

Totally sickening - and all for refusing to take off his coat. It speaks volumes about his torturers and NT mentality. All those people willingly complying and apparently even enjoying the experience. What a cruel world we're forced to live in... :(

Edited by Mihaela

Hi

i am new to the forum, and saw this.

How absolutely barbaric.

Who would send their own flesh and blood there, knowing this would happen?

Do they also pay?!

The 'human species'surpasses itself for cruelty, in the name of treatment.

This is akin to the medieval torture devices used on 'lunatics' in England, way back.

Hi,

I thought this sort of thing ended with the third reich. I really am shocked by this.

Desperation. Many of these kids do have severe problems, such as aggression and self-injury. Many have been rejected from other services because they're too high-needs. (Ironic, how the people who most need help get turned away.)

Sadly, torturing the child isn't going to solve those problems.

wotanerd, on 14 Feb 2015 - 4:12 PM, said:snapback.png

They, in most cases, don't know - Andre McCollins mum didn't.

Parent's are often lied to, bullied, threatened & manipulated by those in authority. They are often led to believe that this option is the only one available to them in their situation - which is frequently incredibly, incredibly difficult & under-supported. They hardly ever - if ever actually know how their children are being treated behind closed doors as the staff lie & lie & lie to cover up what is really going on. A group mentality of believing this is acceptable exists & allows the behaviour to continue up to the point of severe injury & even death (6 children died) - like with the Nazi's (they were regular folks who like dancing, good food, socializing, reading, films, animals, their own families etc).
Human nature can be horrifically evil if given a little bit of encouragement - who remembers the kitten experiment in Japan a few years ago? (Random 'NT' members of the public were stopped in the street and asked to give increasingly powerful shocks to weeks old kittens in a box in front of them, they did so until they died). When I worked in mental health, here in the UK, many years ago, I supported a guy who was covered in tiny circular scars - cigarette burn scars apparently caused by staff at the institution he had lived in many years prior (now closed), stubbing out their fags on him in the shower just for fun. I actually cried when I saw his scars for the first time & it still haunts me to this day.
The medical/SS profession is very powerful, we as parents actually have very few rights left. This is the case in the US as well, where children's services can easily intervene and remove the child, placing them in such a place if the parents complain, if that is their agenda. Parents are effectively powerless, not only in the US, but also here in the UK. Sadly, in some cases, the parent's themselves have become so worn down with circumstances & so well manipulated by those who 'know best', they eventually end up believing it to be the case because psychologically they couldn't cope with the reality. Not acceptable, but I do understand the psychological process involved. It's a similar psycological process as found in guilty prisoners who convince themselves that they are in fact innocent.
Both my children (ASD & genetic health problems with ds) were physically assaulted, verbally, emotionally & psychologically abused over a number of years in their mainstream school, here in the UK. My ds & dd are quiet children, non-aggressive, wouldn't say anything. We didn't know. We believed the smiling staff at the door. They are now safe from harm, home educated instead & protected from the 'professionals' who if they had their way, would have happily had them removed from our care because we dared to challenge the system & their colleagues within it. It's not easy being a parent of a child with ASD/disabilities, you are actually incredibly vulnerable. It's one of the major reasons I refuse to get a formal diagnosis for Aspergers, even though informally I am an 'Aspie', as is my daughter. I have known of SS seeking to remove children from parents who HE due to what's on their parent's medical records, if it suits their agenda.
Desperately, inconsolably sad to have watched this footage. So angry & want to do something about it but don't know what.

Welcome to the forum, RedDwarf. We speak the same language. I agree with all you say, and have had too much direct experience with the 'caring' system to doubt you. I just can't understand why there is still so much inhumanity in this world. These 'professionals' have the intelligence to know what is wrong, so why are they so inhuman? Your comparison with the Nazis was very apt, for an identical controlling mindset is involved.

I'm so pleased your children are now being home-educated. I was heavily involved in the home education movement in its early days, partly because my own school experience was extremely traumatic. My parents never knew what I was going at the time, and teachers pulled the wool over their eyes. Only years later did they learn the truth. I feel too many of us are isolated like little islands, and that we need to organise in order to protect one another, for when problems do arrive, it's often too late. I've known several vulnerable people who have been pushed to the point of ending their lives, simply because they can no longer cope with the pressures imposed upon them by an uncaring system.