Sign in to follow this  
Gold MD

Did I Do The Right Thing?

The ass. director of Autism Initiatives knows that the council stopped paying my rent, which caused a real messy situation. I've not been in my flat since 28 July due to what occurred with two of my former female support workers and because flat 1 is an office, the court did not permit me to be there. So I've been living with my family for ages per my bail instructions. However, I felt like I had no choice other than to surrender my flat. But was there another way? I've already been in prison on remand and I have been arrested for going on Facebook and sending the ladies messages.

Nobody notified the council that I had NOT moved out. Was this a deliberate thing on their part, perhaps?

The court intend to have me electronically tagged to keep a check on my whereabouts. This to me clearly means I *COULD NOT* go back there for quite some time in any case, as there would be at least in my view, no purpose to tagging me should I have gone back to residing there. And since it could in fact make me feel awkward being there again, I signed the lease away.

I will miss my flat and I will always certainly miss those workers. But really, what was I supposed to do? I was shafted.

Did the ass. director perhaps persuade me to give up my lease? She asked me to write my agreement on some paper, in case my "word" was gone back on.

I feel sad.

It may well have been deliberate if those involved were that way inclined. They know it would be impossible for you to prove it. On the other hand, it could have been a genuine mistake, however, such organisations shouldn't be making mistakes that damage the lives of their service users. Experience has taught me to trust nobody in 'authority'. You need the support of friends with autism. NTs will never fully understand us, but we tend to understand each other better.

I'm not sure what I'd have done in your circumstances. I hope you're feeling a bit better now, and sorry for reply so late. :)

Yeah. It seems they are not wanting me going back there and sure, the rent issues are an issue that needs to be sorted out, but I think they would rather I was not living there.

I have wanted an advocate so badly for ages, but the problem is they cannot be involved while a trial is still running. This case continues because I keep getting angry and they need to have me going back again and again.

A solicitor (or lawyer) is still a legal advocate, but I meant I needed somebody from an advocacy rights post to help me complain about how I was treated. Already, my mother is looking at other lets online. But if it was possible, I would have rather just "had my life back" with all the workers I miss.

Sadly, that will never happen unless hell freezes over. :(