Kittykatty82

Hello new here wanting advice am on Citalopram

Most drugs take a few months before your system adjusts to them, but personally I avoid taking prescription drugs for mental health, I feel like it's too much guess work and not enough science, I've been on medication in the past but now I avoid it like the plague, I swear I've had a mild seizure on mental health meds, my vision lit up all purple and flashy and I lifted my arm to my eyes to find out that it wasn't receiving the correct signals as I smacked myself in the forehead. other than that I found it impeded my sex drive and made me even more detached and less interested in human interaction and contact than normal, that and I find an increase in rage.

Chances are if you're just feeling sleepy it will pass down the line, if not consult your doctor and tell him your struggling on the medication.

I was on it for while, the only time in my life I've taken prescription anti-depressants. I don't remember feeling sleepy because of it, but it was several years ago. After a few months I decided I didn't want to take it any more, so I decided to reduce the amount I took gradually. I halved the dose and felt OK, so after a few weeks of that I stopped taking it entirely, with no adverse effects. Of course that doesn't mean it would work for other people.

I thought at the time that my main problem was depression, but I've since worked out for myself that stress and anxiety came before the depression, and I suspect that was caused by my difficulty connecting with people people because of Aspergers, but I've got a good few months to wait before I get a diagnosis. So to me, treating depression is dealing with a sympton, rather than the cause.

I feel the same way, I know why I reach a state of depression so why should I take meds for it when I can try to eliminate the causes without any side effects, well unless you count murder as a side effect when dealing with certain individuals. =P

Edited by OniKai