JeanneA

Update on Glen: Sectioned again

Sadly on March 29th Glen had to be sectioned under the mental health act for a second time. Glen's behaviour had deriorated over a period of time he had been isolating himself in his room for around 9 months and on March 28th his behaviour escalated out of control, he was extremely violent to staff and himself and they could no longer manage him, he went in an ambulance to hospital, the first time he'd been out of the home since October last year. It is early days, Glen is still isolating himself in his room at the hospital but staff are getting him up to the dining room for all his meals which is an improvement as he had been having all his meals in his room at the care home for months. He has also gone outside in the court yard briefly, which to me is fantastic, little steps as they say. My husband and myself are going to visit Glen tomorrow.

I wouldn't feel too down-hearted for it could be a blessing in disguise. Let's hope the little steps lead his life in a happier direction. :)

Thank you very much. The hospital are looking into how they can help regarding his wellbeing, a MRI has been mentioned, so we'll see. The manager and staff of Glen's care home are going in daily working with the hospital staff. The manager is willing to make possible adaptions to the environment if Glen goes back there.

i was wondering if he could be unwell as i think your the parent who mentioned about a hidden ear infection causing him to be upset? Hope your able to have quality time with him when you see him next.

All these are being looking into, Glen has self harmed so much that he's possibly damaged inside his ear and the ENT will be coming out to Glen at the hospital. Glen already has damaged his eye he had a detached retina, he has hardly any sight out of that eye, so he is very light sensitive.

So sorry to hear about Glen's deterioration, Jeanne. I really hope the hospital can get to the bottom of the underlying causes of Glen's problems and come up with a solution to make him feel better and happier. Very worrying and stressful time for you all. Sending hugs. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks for your replies, really appreciate your kind words. I feel so sad for my boy, why is life so unfair? I so hope this time he does get the help he needs so that he is happier in himself and starts to enjoy life again.

Thank you Sally. I rang this afternoon and Glen had a really good morning. They managed to encourage into the garden, where staff were blowing bubbles from the bubble mixture I took in at the weekend, they said Glen really enjoyed it. I remembered from the past that Glen loved blowing bubbles and watching others, it's little steps as they say!. I'm going to see him again on Saturday.

Wonderful news! At last things seem to be getting better for him. I've always been attracted to bubbles. I find them calming. :)

Yes I agree I think bubbles are very calming :-)

Glen is getting on much better, he is now going out for short walks and also drives. With staff encouragement he has been getting dressed every day for about a week now which is fantastic.

On Sunday I accompanied Glen and staff to the General Hospital as Glen had an appointment to have an MRI scan. It went really well, now awaiting the results.

That's some good news I'm pleased there is a improvement for your son, hopefully it will continue and he will progress as well as he is for a long time to come.

Keep us informed of the progress being made, it's always nice to hear some good news.