Gold MD

Censorship of these forums.

Yes as there could be children viewing these forums.

I know children who are viewing this forum - but I also know that they hear and see much worse elsewhere and at school! Even so, I see no point in swearing anyway. It's illogical, unneessary, offensive to many, shows a lack of vocabulary and is often demeaning for the user. I don't swear unless I need to quote somebody else.

Swearing?

Most of that is misapplied descriptives, and honestly at times is the only way to truly illustrate the point, in a way that the other will properly understand.

Excessive pruning and censorship is worse!

Ok remove the truly gross illiterate use of "misapplied descriptives", that I have no problem with. But leave the correct brief common usage and illustrative. Ask the the original author to rewrite otherwise, I have had this interference, and did not appreciate having my posting mutilated.

i do combine posts if they're by the same person and if that person wasnt an original author of the topic.

I dont think that swearing has a place on forums because quite frankly there is no need for it.People should be able to express themselves without resulting to bad language and a point can be made perfectly without it.

I know children who are viewing this forum - but I also know that they hear and see much worse elsewhere and at school! Even so, I see no point in swearing anyway. It's illogical, unneessary, offensive to many, shows a lack of vocabulary and is often demeaning for the user. I don't swear unless I need to quote somebody else.

I agree, there are children on here and I seem to only curse and swear when im talking. I cant seem to help it when im talking, however typing is something quite different and I don't believe that impluses, twitching or twitch-words like swear words can be excused when you type and have time to edit the text. obviously that's one of the things that makes me nervous talking to people because I often cant stop my mouth reeling off. but I repeat, text type gives you time to revise your language before you click post

I agree, there are children on here and I seem to only curse and swear when im talking. I cant seem to help it when im talking, however typing is something quite different and I don't believe that impluses, twitching or twitch-words like swear words can be excused when you type and have time to edit the text. obviously that's one of the things that makes me nervous talking to people because I often cant stop my mouth reeling off. but I repeat, text type gives you time to revise your language before you click post

I agree with you totally, writing in text gives you time to review what you have written and contemplate thoughts and ideas something you do not have when engaging in verbal conversation.

Mihaela made a good point where children will undoubtedly hear and engage in swearing in their school environments it is an unfortunate part of human vocabulary a lot of people can't express themselves without using these words to express their feeling at the time.

It's not in my nature to swear I can't claim I've never used a swear word but I can say that it's only on extreme occasions particularly when there is no time to think and compose a responce, usually when I'm feeling anxious or very stressed and sometimes it's frustration of not being able to get across verbally what I am thinking or others not understanding my meaning. This makes everything worse and the result can be the unfortunate use of certain words.