oh my gosh, most stressful day of the week so far, I need to offload

my gf just asked me to take her son to the hairdresser and its the worst experience ive ever had in one

I usually go to my usual hairdresser, these guys were trained by the guy who cut my hair when I was 7 or 8 years old, so theres a long standing reason for my traditional habit going to my hairdresser, even though now I live 120 miles away from them!

these guys are sciliian and whilst that has no relevance, im happy that they do my hair right and I know them and its not a 'new experience' so im usually happy.

the boy doesn't come with me to Leicester when I pick up my daughter so he cant go them to have his done so I was made to tak ehim here in York

the place inside is yellow and really bright and the ceiling is shiny with stupid spot lights while it s 20 odd degrees outside so im getting stressed already by this point.

theres 3 of them and they keep turning round to talk to me and muttering in their northern tones and making jokes that I didn't even hear let alone understand. so I do that thing again and nervously smile as if I got it...but he repeats something about the position in the cue which is stressing me out even more, just leave me alone and tell the boy when its his turn and stop wittering about your silly jokes that im clearly not interested in.

so it doesn't stop, and gets worse when hes sat in the seat. all 3 of them turning round and mumbling their nonsense about a joke they're all in on except me [expletive!] go away im thinking, trying not to be rude. it was so uncomfortable. I wish I remembered my phone so I could rant on here and ignore them and have a reason to ignore them.

the woman doing the boys hair keep smiling at me and doing the facial expressions as if im even hearing anything shes saying let alone understand.

all the background noises and the stupid colours and shiny ceiling was just too much. I was cringing and just wanted to get out but shes even trying to joke at the end about how much hair hes had off...well it was long and now its hot so what does she expect?! just hurry up and tell me how much it is so the nightmare can be over!

forget that, my scilian guys have known me for 27 years and know the limits to my small-talk and don't pressure me past that point, this woman was so ignorant I just wanted to get her told but I managed to keep hold of my cool

I am home now and took my PRN and am blurting it out on here so I don't go frantic and have a major moan which would most likely end up in me getting ratty and I don't want that. hopefully during this time my meds will have time to kick in and I can be calm

hate stuff like that. that hairdresser is so not ASD friendly its untrue

at least if my place is 120 miles away I know them and their walls are very bland and the only colour there is behind me or on the doors which I enjoy because the paint is rich and looks like it feels nice

ok thanks for listening (reading)...rant over

Your not alone in experiences like that I am very much the same and feel as you do the frustrations of going to such places.

I have my hair cut at home my girlfriend does it for me every few weeks, I don't have or desire any fashion sense either hairstyles or clothing I'm happy with a basic cut and soft loose fitting clothing.

I feel the same in doctors surgery in the que at the supermarket if I'm unfortunate as to having to go in the first instance, I try to go either early or late to avoid people wherever possible but you will always have somebody that wants to talk to you making pointless conversation just to pass a few moments in the ques of the checkout.

It's good you can vent here if it helps it's a good coping mechanism that works and they are of real value.

Thanks a lot. Its the first time I was able to keep ithe vent from everyone and not make a scene. I didn't know how it woud go down here so was apprehensive

I wasn't sure about this place, but now im sold. Got to be a good thing having eachother.

Thanks a lot. Its the first time I was able to keep ithe vent from everyone and not make a scene. I didn't know how it woud go down here so was apprehensive

I wasn't sure about this place, but now im sold. Got to be a good thing having eachother.

I'm sure there will not be anybody that would object from what I have seen everybody supports each other where they can and make great efforts to help wherever possible. Like you I have every confidence in the site and its members.

That sounds awful! Unsolicited gossip and bright lights really irritate me, so I can well imagine what you had to endure. :( I can't walk into a hairdressers, let alone wait in such a place. I can't even stand the smell that wafts out of the doorways onto the street. I've never bothered about hairstyles, dyes, etc. and wear unobtrusive clothing. I have no interest in fashion, and can't understand why so many people do.

I can only usually endure it at my usual place they've known me for decades! I smoke my fag and casually walk past and check out if there's a cue, if not I duck in and striaght to the seat. I don't bother with it usually but it just grows.

It gets thick and sticky uppy like Einstein

After the ordeal the other day I just shaved it off so gone from Einstein to vin diesel in about 15 mins

A bit like my intelligence when I get stressed I guess

It was our 1st year anniversary yesterday so apparently a tidy up was required

I actually like how it feels now its this short, much more sensory than the floppy stuff