georgiapiano

Argh! Head all over the place today!

I love this forum because here I am about to have a good rant - what better place to do it - because nobody else is going to listen. If you're reading this, you might not want to listen either. That's fine. I just want to let off some steam.....

My children have gone to stay with their Nanny today - the idea being to give me a day where I can do some work (Which I NEVER get to do with them around, as much as I love them). The morning I spent running about trying to get my laptop working (which I hadn't PLANNED in my schedule for the day!). When I finally got around to starting work around 1pm, I really couldn't be bothered. I feel exhausted now. My head today is all over the place. I can't concentrate on anything at all. I don't know where to put myself. I feel like I'm all hyperactive, but at the same time can't be bothered to do anything! I've ended up putting the work away and now I'm on here. And now I'm beating myself up for not being productive. I have so many days when I feel like this - when I'm meant to be using time productively but it just doesn't happen. My head is all in a weird spin. I'm in a bad mood at the same time. I don't even know what I feel really.

There, rant over. If you've read this - thank you. No replies required. Just nice to rant B)

I love this forum because here I am about to have a good rant - what better place to do it - because nobody else is going to listen. If you're reading this, you might not want to listen either. That's fine. I just want to let off some steam.....

My children have gone to stay with their Nanny today - the idea being to give me a day where I can do some work (Which I NEVER get to do with them around, as much as I love them). The morning I spent running about trying to get my laptop working (which I hadn't PLANNED in my schedule for the day!). When I finally got around to starting work around 1pm, I really couldn't be bothered. I feel exhausted now. My head today is all over the place. I can't concentrate on anything at all. I don't know where to put myself. I feel like I'm all hyperactive, but at the same time can't be bothered to do anything! I've ended up putting the work away and now I'm on here. And now I'm beating myself up for not being productive. I have so many days when I feel like this - when I'm meant to be using time productively but it just doesn't happen. My head is all in a weird spin. I'm in a bad mood at the same time. I don't even know what I feel really.

There, rant over. If you've read this - thank you. No replies required. Just nice to rant B)

it is nice to clear ones chest of stuff like that. classic symptoms if you ask me

just when we need it the most, that's when the little grey cells decide to have a rainy day!

I have ranted a few times on here, sometimes the feedback is suprising

its really easy to make plans, carrying them out is something different. apparently that something to do qith this thing 'executive dysfucntion' having an amazing mind on a good day, and doing a great impression of an undesireable the rest of the times

I try to console myself with the fact that 'nobody is perfect...so what?!'

I find omega 3 oils and strawberries help with concentration.

Also avoiding gluten and dairy can in the long term ease concentration difficulties.

1 book I've found useful is 'time management for busy people' it's Americanis but the tips are aimed at people with little time. Only a few pounds on amazon :-)

Do you have any friends who do a similar job to you who can help you focus? What about a job coach from access to work?

Hope you find a solution to the nothing done frustration soon

Ally

it is nice to clear ones chest of stuff like that. classic symptoms if you ask me

just when we need it the most, that's when the little grey cells decide to have a rainy day!

I have ranted a few times on here, sometimes the feedback is suprising

its really easy to make plans, carrying them out is something different. apparently that something to do qith this thing 'executive dysfucntion' having an amazing mind on a good day, and doing a great impression of an undesireable the rest of the times

I try to console myself with the fact that 'nobody is perfect...so what?!'

Ahhhh, you know what....? Thank you!! I didn't expect a reply, but I'm glad you did. Again, more reassurance that I'm not alone in this crazy, unpredictable world. My grey cells certainly did decide to have a rainy day. And you are so right - my good days are amazing and my bad days suck! Love your last sentence. "So what?" is definitely something I will try to say to myself more. I like it! :notworthy:

Thank you xxxxx

I find omega 3 oils and strawberries help with concentration.

Also avoiding gluten and dairy can in the long term ease concentration difficulties.

1 book I've found useful is 'time management for busy people' it's Americanis but the tips are aimed at people with little time. Only a few pounds on amazon :-)

Do you have any friends who do a similar job to you who can help you focus? What about a job coach from access to work?

Hope you find a solution to the nothing done frustration soon

Ally

Thanks Ally that's useful advice. I like strawberries and not actually a fan of dairy products anyway, so I'm onto a winner already with that one.

I have a lot of friends in my job - well, colleagues anyway. But not ones who would really understand the ASD side of things. I'm undiagnosed and in a professional job which I love and I don't want to risk my career by getting a diagnosis. My job is not the sort of job I can ask for extra help with things like that. But the diet side of things I will definitely give a go, and the book looks good too! Thank you muchly x

Ahhhh, you know what....? Thank you!! I didn't expect a reply, but I'm glad you did. Again, more reassurance that I'm not alone in this crazy, unpredictable world. My grey cells certainly did decide to have a rainy day. And you are so right - my good days are amazing and my bad days suck! Love your last sentence. "So what?" is definitely something I will try to say to myself more. I like it! :notworthy:

Thank you xxxxx

Yes you're definitely not alone here. I try to achieve as much as possible on the good days to sort of buy myself a free pitstop when im out of fuel

glad you like my little wordplay, means same wavelength me thinks

Putting one's self 'out there' on here is best way I think. That's how best to find like minded others, else if not disclosed then how are we to find 'like'

You're very welcome if there's an association connected with your job they may allow you to contact them anonymously.