Mr Salvador

D-Day is coming! (diagnosis day) 19th august

Write down all the reasons why you think your autistic and include what your daughter has said or done as well. What causes you to have a meltdown. How you feel about life in general. If you can use the "taking responsibility" report to document your needs based on the section "practical support skills".

Hi, thanks for that trekster

However im not sure if I follow you properly?

I'm not familiar with 'taking responsibilty' report?

I have been assessed for pip regarding day to day things I struggle with. Is this what you mean?

I should ring them so I know what multidisciplinary team want from me.

I hate not knowing what's coming that's one of my anxiety triggers.

Not fully understanding emotions either mine or others, I understand happy and frustration and anything else often leads to sensory overload.

My daughter bless her is 3 and doesn't display traits, she can also lead me into aenosry overload quite quickly and my gf has noticed 'a pattern' when my daughter is due to come. The anxiety starts days before she comes...

I love her so much and apparently I worry so much about making her happy that I end up making everyone stressed?!

I don't understand and not understanding is probably the main trigger

Two weeks and two days....

My gp thinks this wil be the last of diagnosis period...

Hopefully it will be, looks like il have to find somewhere else to live now so in addition to the above reasons for me needing this, getting support to be rehoised and stay there is now a growing priority

May the force be with us all

Sorry the "taking responsibility" report was written by Andrew Powell and shows the types of needs we may have and holed in the systems in accessing those needs.

Pip is different as that's a disability benefit which wouldn't be mentioned in the report.

The team want to assess you for autism or aspergers presumably.

Write down your traits including the sensory overload and how it happens, what causes you anxiety. Take your gf with you if you feel she would help. Write down how not understanding affects your mood and other behaviours do your special interests increase and appear to exclude others?

Wow finally! :-)

So its taken since august 19th till now to get my diagnosis, but to be fair they did move buildings during that time.

They said I have asperger which is a form of HF autism so I think they're covering both bases using both terms?

Anyway, its cleared up now and im aspie and proud!

Can't wait for access to therapy etc...be great to sit with others and also professionals who can answer the multitude of questions I have to ask!

Even the phyciatrists were apparently impatient with the length of time it took lol.

They asked for 5 mins to deliberate so I went to smoke with my gf and she told be they were all checking their watches which meant they were impatient to leave...

And they think im the rude one!!

Anyway so the light at the end of the tunnel is somewhat polarised by my orange lenses but im glad to see it

Good luck to everyone waiting for help, the cogs turn slow with NHS bit they do turn

X peace and blessings x

Thanks CT

Shame about your date but definitely time to chase.

Have you had any joy speaking to family and/or childhood friends?

You will need childhood reference. It was part of my long delay

The GP wants to help your symptoms so make sure you approach them from that angle... That you're having these problems today and that's why they need to take action

Brilliant news! I wouldn't bother about the terms used, as long as you're somewhere on the spectrum - half the experts claim that Asperger's differs from HFA, and other half say there's no difference at all.

I hope your life gets better and better from now on! :)

Congratulations on your diagnosis onwards and upwards, well done for persevering.

Thanks all

Not sure which way is up just yet but im headed there

Want to an apprenticeship for an equal opportunities employer, there's an IT position for local council so im hoping they can see my condition as an advantage??

When it comes to computers I soak up information quickly. I'm just nervous because people at work usual hate me for tryig to reorganise they're business after two weeks.

I know I have much to learn but doesn't mean they don't have anything to learn from me...

I guess its a compatibility issue, I can talk to machines and computers, just people I struggle with... The words im using are definitely English but somehow its like im talking to them French

Fingers crossed eh

Sounds like a plan. If you can understand computers really well then it sounds like the ideal job for you.

I haven't been on here for a while so just catching up with everything. Well done for finally getting your much needed diagnosis. Sounds like its come as a relief.

I finally received a letter from the local nhs partnership trust to say they have added me to their waiting list for assessment. That was about 2 months ago. I'm really getting anxious about having to wait as its really affecting me.

I've been off work sick since the beginning of september as I had surgery on my leg for an ongoing problem. I'm due back at work next week and im really getting stressed out and worrying that I won't cope being back in the busy social environment. I am now having CBT once a week for my OCD which helps. My therapist is really good and we are approaching my treatment as though I have ASD so he has been really understanding. I just worry that its going to take a long time to get my appointment.

What exactly happens at assessment?

Hi Florence

You're right in that it was relieving to be told that infact I do know myself.

As you are obtaining cbt for off, but working from the angle that it is linked to an autistic spectrum condition, I had also spent some time knowing myself before the doctors saw it!

One must know ones self before you can move onwards. Seems most of us work it out, and they aren't always great at diagnosing it, apparently especially with females.

You as I was anxious during the waiting, however for this I feel there is no alternative, although apparently there is an art to waiting without waiting...

Somehow you must push forwards if you know yourself. If you do then forget 'waiting' and just push forwards anyway, whichever way that is for you. I didn't need then to tell me about myself, I already knew

All they do is stamp your form

They ask bizarre questions that seem awkardly random, and allsorts of nonsense well im sure they know what their doing, but it does feel awkward

I hate being prodded and poked but I had someone with me to help me be calm. I also have my diy coloured lenses and got through it

Its very drawn out and the wait is painful if one can't learn to wait without waiting.

Apparently that is what patience is

I mostly try to learn this. The logic is simple but doing it in real life is different lol

Hope you find your calm and your answers, but mostly I hope that you achieve your goals. Just first know what they are and the rest will come

Good luck