Oman5

Hello all, new here

Hi, I'm a 41 year old man, I just got my diagnosis. I suppose I've known for a long time that i was "different" but they didn't really test for aspergers when I was a kid. I try and lead as "normal" a life as I can...but what is normal? Don't ask me

Hi, welcome to the site, I was just diagnosed last month age 48. It does answer a lot of questions. I wish u well and hope u get some peace of mind. I guess that's normal , I don't know either. Good luck .

All these years I wasn't doing anything wrong, it's just the way I'm wired up!

Hi there & Welcome to the site!

I think that what you posted here is absolutely right & lots of us AS - ASD folk start to find reconciliation with ourselves & others when we understand this. I know now that in my own personal history I made a lot of poor decisions on the back of misunderstandings, often to detrimental effect. I was not however, being willfully destructive to myself & others although that is what I - & maybe my family & friends - have thought over the years & that self knowledge now, helps me a lot.

I really recommend reading / learning as much as you can about AS - ASD; it seems to me that there are often huge areas of our daily experience that are so familiar & all-pervasive to us that we don't even notice them, they are so deeply ingrained. About how we go about things or how we experience things but when you read on a page about other people's stuff that relates, suddenly there is a clarity in recognition that is a good thing, I think....

:)

Edited by Elemental

Welcome and I like your different brain wiring attitude

Hello and welcome to this lovely site. You will love it here, everyone is so lovely and supportive. Congratulations on your diagnosis.

Nowadays so many more people are diagnosed, but I guess when you were younger aspergers wouldn't have ever been thought about.

And no, there is no 'normal'. My definition for 'normal' is - BORING.

Enjoy your journey in the aspie world. It's not all that bad a place to be really. xxx

And no, there is no 'normal'. My definition for 'normal' is - BORING.

So very true, Ms Georgia Piano! :)

Edited by Mihaela

georgiapiano - that's a great definition. :notworthy:

Oman5 - welcome :peace:

Edited by reppac