ricky

very lonely and sad aspergers. really need a friend ;_;

hello, my name is ricky baker. and I am fifteen years old and I have a diagnosis of aspergers syndrome. I also suffer from a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, anxiety, and OCD.

I have joined this forum in the chance of meeting other autistic people who I'm hoping may know how I feel. I am struggling very much on a daily basis in terms of my autism, and I am starting to loose all faith at the possible chance of recovery. I am extremely depressed, and incredibly lonely as I don't have any friends I can invite over or go and see.. all of my past school friends found my autism incredibly difficult to handle and stopped talking to me.. I used to get incredibly exhausted being around a lot of people, but nowadays I get exhausted from being alone all the time.

as of today, I have been out of an education for almost two full years. I was bullied verbally and physically by teachers and pupils at my old school, and I had to leave as I could no longer deal with the bullying. I am very sad and lonely ;__; and I really just want a friend, as cheesy as it sounds.

thank you everyone for reading. I am willing to post some more if I get some replies.

Hi Ricky, really good to hear from you, but sorry to hear you feel so down. You seem extremely articulate and self-aware which must make it all the more difficult to feel alone. You have shown your willingness to put yourself out there on this forum, there must be other places near you where young people get together...how about contacting the National Autistic Society local group to see what is available for guys like you? Or look at your 'local offer' of services for yp on the local council website? They have to put stuff on there for people to find nowadays...just google 'local offer' and your borough's name and it should be there.

Keep making contact, things will get better for you I'm sure, and if nothing else just know that what you've posted here is obviously heartfelt and shows a level of compassion that other people (but not maybe other mean kids from old school) will find very appealing about you.

Good luck Ricky,

Hello Ricky I'm caz and mum to a son with asbergers plus

an English teacher with many years experience of supporting

Young people with similar challenges to you. First off never lose hope.

Your challenges are many but although services are poor help is out there.

I volunteer at a charity in my home city of Worcester called Aspie. You live

A long way but I extend an invitation to you and a parent or carer to come

And visit our Aspie family. We have a charity house with many activities

And lots of support. Wednesdays 11am to 9pm. Never feel alone again Ricky. You

Are just a few hours away from lots of understanding and support. I just

Launched friends of Aspie on Tuesdays for parents and carers. Find our website

By googling Aspie Worcester. We have visitors from all over plus a resident psychologist.

As you are under 18, you would have to come with an adult parent or carer.

You can contact me or Julia via the website. We all offer youh our

Unconditional friendship, acceptance and support. Take care and be very proud of

Who you are. Best wishes.

Hi and welcome

Have you tried seeing if the bipolaruk charity has any local groups for young people in your area? There is also autism London.

Well Ricky you have made it to the right place!

People here are generally helpful and highly insightful on the subject!

There is usually no instant fix but here at least you will find solace and others who would not laugh simply by design.

I too find it hard to find people who are patient enough for me, and mostly lose relationships due to the symptoms of my AS. Most recently my gf wants me to leave, I am ridiculed for my condition and have come to the following conclusion about the issue...

If they don't care to understand then they don't care, even if we think they should we need to recognise the ones that don't, as it is illogical to care about the ones who demonstrate their lack of care for us. Therefore we need to concentrate on focus of who we are not who they want us to be, or think we should be.

Associate yourself with the right people, and choose them wisely. Focus on your own path and don't be destracted by the idiots who concern themselves with their definition of 'normal'... For to define normal, one must admit that normal does not exist, and those who insist that it does only contributes to the prejudice of the world which should in itself be 'abnormal' leading the the paradox which prooves normal doesn't exist!

Be yourself brother, show them how excellent you can be

Hi I know how you feel. Life is especially when you have Autism. It's hard enough to get your flat clean, do food shopping. You're in the right place. The friends you will make will accept you for the wonderful person you are. You have a purpose and skills. Believe in yourself don't let people walk all over you. It's been over a year since I got diagnosed with Aspergers and Ocd I am still dealing with it its taking time to understand myself. Everything will fall in place. I am not giving up. My mental health will get sorted. Take care Anna

Another idea for making friends is to subscribe to the free newspaper "asperger united" which has a penpals section.