Hello everyone,

My name is Tiffany Victoria Horan, I'm twenty five years old. I'm British and although I was born in the UK, I grew up in the United Arab Emirates. I now live in Warsaw, Poland and I have also lived in Taiwan.

Due to the nature of my hectic (third culture kid) upbringing (different countries, different schools, etc.) it took a very long time for anyone, including myself, to understand what was 'wrong' with me.

I began seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist here in Warsaw after a number of 'incidents' occurred at university and work. Everything was so clear to them that after a couple of months I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. It was twenty five years worth of explanations in a single sentence.

However, receiving a diagnosis later on can be difficult as there may already be significant damage caused, for example, spending my entire life in a state of confusion and frustration caused me to develop PNES. I take medication for anxiety.

I'm interested in art, philosophy and technology.

Hi!

I also had late diagnosis, 36!

Better late than never

Much damaged was caused in the meantime but we must carry on, and not with anger in our hearts, for anger is the only enemy we need worry about.

I too come from mixed background and have moved home many times...it also was a cause of my misdiagnosis for all the years...

But we must not let anger dictate our lives.

I am also interested in technology. ..especially repairing new things ive not fixed before

Hi everyone, and hello Tiffany,

I am a 45 year old British Aspergian male, living in England, diagnosed ASD in May 2015, have Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures too, and am divergently interested in: graphic representations, perennial philosophies, psychological systems, metaphysics and quantum technologies - ancient and modern.

Regarding the PNES, do you have perhaps the black-out variety of seizures, or the luminous, geometric and particle variety - or either sort depending? I have more the latter, and experience such things anyway - only more intensely with the seizures. Either way, they have been my main influence and inspiration artistically and so fourth.

As far as the anxiety goes, I constantly meditate to cope with it, but I have been prescribed Beta-Blockers for the panic attacks.

All the best, have a good one.

D.

Edited by Deepthought

Welcome

Psychogenic seizures are normally caused by a traumatic event in ones past and it's the brains way of not coping.

My bodies way of not coping with my trauma was to develop complex ptsd.

Hi Trester,

Although it is so that, 'Psychogenic seizures can be caused by traumatic events in ones past' ~ they can also caused by pleasurable experiences in the present too. Another cause is over-exhaustion.

To write though that psychogenic seizures are the 'brains way of not coping.' ~ this is really not the case.

A seizure is the Cerebral (Head) Brain coming on line with all networks coping ~ when the Intestinal (Gut) Brain can no longer obstruct its functions with habituated imaginings, relatings and doings, that are out of tune with things as they actually are or as really could be.

Also, rather than as not, your bodies did cope quite extensively with your trauma in order to have developed Complex P.T.S.D - no less!

Edited by Deepthought

Hi hi hello!

I had late diagnosis, it was last year. What is more, my brother also has Aspeger. Right now I'm trying to find a therapy for him :) he is my everything.

I love movies and TV series.

Wow, TiffanyHoran, Warsaw? I have also lived in Poland for a few months! It was great but the language was so weird :D