I'm a male who is just about to turn 42 who has just been diagnosed with Aspergers looking for some helpful ideas as i feel totally lost

and don't know what to do

Welcome you've signed up for here which is a great idea. It can be a shock to get a diagnosis but hopefully you will be able to work through it and find a useful outlet for your talents and abilities.

Do you wish to meet other asperger folk in your area? The national autistic society could help you find a local branch or group.

Are you struggling financially? Personal independence payment could help you if you have support and or mobility needs.

Have you been offered any post diagnostic support or counselling in your area? Contact your nhs post diagnostic service.

Whereabouts in the uk are you county wise? I could do a search to see if there's any local support or groups in your area? Locations dont show up on my phone.

I have a full time job that i have done for the the last 25 years but i hate everything about it i stay in highlands and islands .all the local organisations that i have found are for children and teens not what i'm looking for i will contact post diagnostic support to see if they can help thanks G

Try also autism rights highlands. ARGH for short, they help adults. Can you get access to work help to male reasonable adjustments so work is less stressful?