Sign in to follow this  
Gold MD

So I contacted social services about support...

I've had no luck getting another flat. My mother bids on flats every week using Key to Choice. You're allowed to bid on just three properties each week. She bid on one flat that is near a river because she thinks the location is nice, but I doubt anybody will be selected that's only been bidding for so little time. Normally, you have to bid for at least a couple of years, because a lot of people want a house. By bidding, you increase (very slowly) your place on the waiting list, and I assume the list must be gigantic.

I contacted social services regarding setting up support again. A social worker previously set up new support before (to replace Autism Initiatives) and I then dropped them shortly thereafter. He found 2 guys at a firm in Edinburgh named Blackwood, and they had poor hours that could not be flexible, which was not suitable for to help me, and apart from that, I think I caught one of them trying to take snapshots or notes on his phone, since they were probably told to do so.

A while back, I couldn't be online unless I had supervision, because of all the trouble I got into over two women who supported me before, and it resulted in me being charged. My supervisor amended this slightly with new rules. Since I only had 6 hours a week at the time, I did not want to waste my support hours going on the Internet, when I could do that in my own time. Plus, they had fixed hours, so if I needed anybody to accompany me somewhere at a time outwith the scheduled time allocated to myself, they could not set up a shift. They were useless, so I was within my rights to finalize their support. For example, they usually just worked with me 2 to 5 PM twice a week, but what if I needed help on a different day at a different time? So it was useless.

Since you probably remember all that stuff about those people, I won't go and reiterate it all over again, but I feel like the past year or two has been a write off. I've not had any support in many months, so not only am I anxious, I also feel bored. And quite frankly, I do not really trust care workers due to what occurred before. They snitch on people because their duty involves logging what the clients say and do. Apart from that, you cannot get too attached to the ones you like a lot, since they may leave the job one day. It is sad that you grow fond of your carers, but ultimately, it is just a job to these people.

I suffer from anxiety, but nobody helps me. I really find it hard to do anything. I also miss having my own space, because I stay with my family, and it is chock-a-block with clutter, and it is also very overcrowded. So I contacted my previous social worker's boss, and he seems keen to find me some help. But I'll believe it if I see it. I'm not sure if these type of workers can be trusted, especially because I am still under supervision until next March. You know?

Edited by trekster