sophiewilliams

Newbie!

Hi

I'm not a parent but did find the lack of routine due to no school a bit much.

Could it also be a hidden pain issue? I'm unable to express pain in a conventional way.

Hope you find the support you need here.

Hi Mr McKinley

Thanks for your help.

With no routine, obsessions and repetitiveness become a real issue plus lack of things to do and lack of friendships.

Luckily he goes to a community farm one day a week. I'm hoping things will be easier once he turns 18 and comes under a different funding umbrella?

Hi I'm trekster

Are there any asd out of school clubs in your area? Another idea could be mencap Sumner clubs?

I'm on my phone at the moment so can't tell what area you're from. If you private message me I can look and see what's in you're area.

There's also phab physically handicapped amd able bodied people which run clubs around the country.

Welcome to the site.

Hi Trekster

We're in Herefordshire. He is high functioning which means, in my experience, he doesn't quite fit in with groups for special needs or with his mainstream friends. Mainstream are friendly to him at school but that's where it ends - as the summer holidays have shown with social things going on and no invites. Looking on the Herefordshire Council website for provision for SEN - He doesn't want a "buddy" and one group we tried "Marches Family Network" he asked me afterwards why we had gone with them when he wasn't like any of them ......see my problem!

In the meantime he plays with his trains in the loft and goes on his tablet, he seems very happy with this arrangement while I just worry he has very limited social life.

Thanks for listening

Hi might be happy with no social life some autistics are fine with being solitary creatures.