Paula

22 year old son

Youd think id know by now ive had enough practice but why does he always start shouting yelling not listening over the slightest thing instead off just stoping waiting a few minutes and thinking it through calmley

Im on my own all day with him today husband at work things going as normal till he switches on his xbox 1 and the game doesnt load up turned out the disc was dirty but the machene just threw up error codes,he immediatley starts strmping round shouting yelling saying his dad had broken it then he started yelling he was leaving and never comeing back i told him to just stop think it would be something simple but oh no on and on he ranted told me to get out of his sight to shut up to get into the garden.He eventually cleaned the disc solved the issue and shut up.Im now sat in tears because im so sick of this being my life dealing now with a 22 yr old grown man child .

You know i would love for him to blooming live elsewhere but it just isnt possible at this moment in time.

Im fed up.Hes now sat on his blasted ipod if i speak he just says abruptley i told you to shut up.Sometimes i dont know how i stay calm coz inside im screaming.

Any chance you can get family counselling or social services to give you some respite?

Please don't dismiss his upset as being a child. Many autistics struggle when things go wrong and any change is upsetting for them. When overloaded autistics cannot think calmly about a situation. He does need a healthier outlet for hid anger though.

Tanks trekstar i know that he doesnt like things going wrong changes ect and on the whole hes not too difficult but you know sometimes you could scream.We dont qnd never had had a social worker and normally if life gets too much he goes to his room lolcks it and chills.

Does he have hidden pain which is being communicated by his behaviour? This was until recently the way I communicated pain or hunger for that matter.

Hes had unbeknown to me an ingrowing toe nail hes been last week to the podiatrist much improved so fingers x hes feeling less upset by things,he does tend to not tell you hes in pain or discomfort.