kiezer

Aspergers boyfriend wants to break up with me because he can't get over the things he said to me in an argument

We've been in a LDR for 2 years now, this is probably our worst argument. I don't even know where it came from to be honest. I stayed with him for 2 months (The longest I've ever stayed with him) and after I left he said he felt like I was "going to ruin his future" He didn't give any reasons or examples.

He then changed it to saying he felt sad/angry when I left and that feeling won't go away. I feel like he took this anger out on me in trying to find something to place the blame on... I feel like because I stayed so long with him that I became part of his routine and it suddenly changed when I left.

He did say horrible things to me, but he even told me himself that he was just saying them so I would "hate him" because he hates himself.

I am willing to forgive him but he can't forgive himself, so what should I do? He refuses to do any voice chatting or anything with me because it "reminds" him of what he said to me.

Do I just give him time? I don't want our relationship of 2 years to end this way.

Sounds like hes got angry depression. I've had angry depression as well and did exactly what he's doing to you.

I would try and get some autism friendly counselling as it seems like he's got depression on top of his aspergers. You could try going together or seperately.

Does he have any other support apart from you for his aspergers? Is there any way you can help improve this support with his permission of course.