Anne Mariner

I have my P.I.P Assessment Today...

Hi everyone, I hope you're all okay.

I have my P.I.P assessment today, I'm terrified. I managed to get a home assessment but that means somebody coming into my safe place. Has anyone else had a home assessment? They're assessing me on Aspergers, general anxiety disorder, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and panic disorder. I'm really hoping that they see the extent of my mental and physical illnesses.

Love to you all,

Anne. X

I hope you PIP assessment goes well today. Do you have someone who understands your needs and wishes to support you? i have supported a friend to have a home assessment in the past.

There is always a route towards a mandatory reconsideration then an appeal if it doesn't work out.

i took a support worker with me to my PIP assessment and i'm still awaiting the results. i was sent a letter a few weeks ago saying "we are still assessing your claim" and my claim for my DLA is due to end in November.

i know this is easier said than done but we have to keep carrying on doing what we can to function in the world. i like your posts sharing hobbies and interests keep them up.

Thank you.

I feel it went okay, but he was very hard to read. He was very blunt and I was nervous the whole time. I felt so out of sorts for an hour or so afterwards. Then I slept for 4 hours.

My mum is my appointee as I cannot make eye contact or answer questions. My mum and dad were with me. I had to put ear plugs in halfway through because his typing on his laptop was so loud.

I just hope it was enough, we're going to ring in a week or so to see if a decision has been made yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anne.