Emma Optomen TV

Posted with moderator approval- BBC Employable Me looking for people to take part in series 2

BBC series Employable Me is looking for people with Autism and Asperger's who would be interested in taking part in the new series. The first series was on TV in March this year and followed people who are neuro diverse and who struggled to get a job.

Do you have Asperger Syndrome or Autism?

Are you struggling to find work?

Would you like help?

If this sounds like you or someone you know please e-mail: employableme@optomen.com

Are you planning a follow-up on the people who appeared in this year's series?

I took part in the first series, when I was 40. However my contribution was reduced to a short film on BBC3.

I admit to feeling quite envious when I watched the second series and saw how the format had changed. If only I could have benefitted from assistance with creative job searching techniques; maybe if I had the programme makers wouldn't have needed to fake a happy ending. Contrary to what the video implies, what I was actually offered was a temporary job as an agency worker at National Grid, earning less than a graduate trainee. Less than a year later I was told that I hadn't displayed sufficient analytical ability to be upgraded to a permanent role, and out I went. So much for Aspies and their special talents!