Sign in to follow this  
joshanddanfans

siblings of ASD/ASPERGERS

:dance: hi all, just wondering wether any of you have more than one child with ASD/aspergers, our 5 year old boy has ASD/ASPERGERS/DYSPRAXIA/ADHD/SENSORY INTEGRATION DYSFUNCTION. our 4 year old boy seems to have identical difficulties and has now been referred for assessments to consultant,speech/lang therapist.his behaviour is even more challenging than older brother. we have 18 month old baby girl and hope she is ok, does it seem to only run in boys or sisters too? :whistle: poor danny is starting school in september and no help in place. brother has gone through to year 2 in school with all these difficulties with no extra support, tring to get lEA now, but fighting at moment for help. bye for now, alex

my son has aspergers, my daughter has some traits such as obssessions with cars and poor social skills but she is not diagnosed, cos i dont think she needs any further help. her school work is fine and she seems to cope with life ok.

I have 3 children, Maisie (6) being the one going through all the tests at the moment, Owen (3) has very delayed speech and is currently seeing a speech therapist and then there's Poppy (13). She is exceptionally bright and being 13, she is probably the one who is the most work!

I have 3 children. My two youngest (both boys) are both ASD. One has AS and dyspraxia, the other has language delay and autistic tendencies. I've just registered for the gene testing research project as I think this is too much of a cooincidence to be overlooked.

My daughter who is so far typical development has recently got me wondering. She has always been a bit of a day dreamer but this seems to be more apparent and more problematic now she's 13 years old. I'm keeping a close eye on this to see if it's just me being suspicious or if it is indeed indicative of a so far 'hidden' dx.

Oh happy days! :P

Lauren

I have 3 children. 11 year old twins, boy with Aspergers and girl with Dyspraxia & Dyscalculia and an 8 year old girl with Aspergers.

Lisa

I'm really pleased to have found this posting, I'll tell you why.

My son has ASD, he is nearly five, but my 3.5 year old daughter doesn't. My Husband and I always planned to have more children but need to understand what the risks are in terms of another child with ASD or something similar.

Our decision wouldn't obviously be based solely upon these facts but we want to make sure we can give enough time and attention to the kids we have already got before we decide to have another child who, potentially, may have special needs like our son.

Any suggestions on where we can find out more??? :wacko:

One son 10 as, adhd dyspraxia and 4 year old suspected by Paediatrician oif having some AS traits on waiting list ( 2 years) for assessment. She may have AS but i dont think has adhd. Unlike my son she can actually follow though instructions, At 4 can read level 8 oxford reading tree on own to end. But is v obsessive about certain things and can be literal. In hubbie family two of his cousins have sons one with adhd and one with AS. In my family one of my cousins was clearly adhd un dx- army helped. My late uncle is now suspected of having dyslexia and some form of autism having looked back at behaviours. I think I may have dyspraxia and possibly signs of AS. My hubbie is the same. A friend has two autistic one kanners one AS. She had genetic counselling and was told a high cahance any further child would at least have dyslexia if not as or some other learning disability. We were told that we could be referred for genetic counselling if we wanted.

My son is DX AS/ASD, dyspraxic and dyslexic.My daughter behaves :unsure: oddly at times but I,m too weak to push a DX.My youngest is obsessive and developmentally was slow.I think we are all a bit AS/ASD, but obviously differing degrees.

Our 4 year old son has AS, ADHD, Speech & Language Disorder (not yet specified)

We have a 5 year old daughter who has just finished reception year with flying colours achieving at least level 8 in all areas if not level 9 (beyond expectation, year 1 level).

However there was just one discrepancy - She go a 4 in Social & Emotional communication!!!!!!! :whistle:

She's going into year 1 as a high achiever but at the same time flagged up for concern in social/emotional communication. :pray:

I think she also has ADD (without hyperactivity) - always daydreaming, falls over more than she stands up, forgets things/instructions instantly......

Watch this space!!!!!

L

xxx :wacko:

PS hubby has self diagnosed AS too - I'm surrounded!

Edited by Lesley

Hi my son has asperger 11 and my daughter 8 odd/adhd/social impairment

so her diagnosis goes , but in her own way i think she is more asperger.This gets me thinking is it different in girls than boys ??

lisa x

4 Kids

girl 17 Dyslexia

Girl 14 Aspergers

Girl 10 NT

Boy 4 AS, Odd, seperation anxiety Disorder.

My oldest has been diagnosed with ADHD, ASD and Dyspraxia, little ones 4 and being refered to ed pshychologist in September following speech delay/habits, reliance on routine, preference in sameness, motor skills delay, extremely late development in many areas inc physical and learniing and other related concerns :( here we go again.

Edited by lil_me

I have two boys eldest is 8 and diagnosed aspergers (almost dx find out tomorrow) youngest is 6 and is on school action plus because of fine motor skills, behaviour, aggression and social skills. Am beginning to wonder if he too has asd but can't quite face another onslaught of appointments etc.... I'm exhausted!!!!!! :wacko:

I`ve got two kids, my son is almost 8 and diagnosed Aspergers and my daughter is 16 next month...and just the usual teenage pain in the bum!

I have 4 boys

6 year old - NT

3 year old - ASD

twins 15 months old - so far seem NT, but I am constantly looking for any sign of ASD and am very paranoid about everything they do/don't do.

I also have a step son and step daughter. SD is NT, SS has AS and Dyspraxia.

I too would love more children but I am waiting to see if my twins have any ASD because if they do I won't have more (not because of future children having it, but because I think I would have enough to cope with!)