Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

One Tel.

Tongiht at 8pm-ish, I had two reps on my door from One Tel. B/c I wouldn't sign up with them or give them my details, the one guy verbally assaulted me. :o

I'm pretty shaken up about it and very pi$$ed b/c I live alone with my son. I feel violated and frightened.

Why do they have to stoop so friggin low b/c they can't get a few measly bucks for securing a customer?? I was this close to calling the police but then what could they have done?? Nowt I suspect!!

Certainly won't be openning my door to any reps from now on and I have contacted One Tel via email complaining about the incident. Doubt I'll hear back from them though. :tearful:

Oh no how annoying and frightening for you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I have been pestered by these people on the phone, even though I am x-directory! They say they get my number by random dialling, which is allowed, apparently :angry:

The annoying thing is these people don't even work for those companies, they are just sub-contracted to do their leg work for them! I would have picked up the phone to the police, they should be pretty hot on people abusing you on your doorstep, they are when it happens to the elderly so they should be with us.

I also had problems with Virgin Energy when they started up!

Big >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you.

We signed up with the 'telephone preference service' to stop the random dialling, only covers UK companies though. Seems to have done the trick. I just put the phone down straightaway if I hear "congratulations, you have won..." in an american accent. (you can do this online)

As for the doorstep lot, I just get in there first and tell em I'm far too busy to listen (or words to that effect,depending on how stressed we are in the house!)

I really should put the chain on before I answer the door.

Calling at 8pm is just not on, you were right to complain.

My other half always sends me to the door,says I'm much better at being rude to people than he is ! Kids are sniggering in the background, listening to mum offloading a day's worth of stress !(he'd invite them in)

wac

Trading standards deal with door to door sellers,they have a site to complain about them and they will look into the incidents on the persons behalf:

http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk

Onetels staff are breaking their own rules:

Sales and Marketing personnel

Our sales and marketing teams are carefully recruited and undergo thorough training on our products and services. As a result, they are skilled at giving customers and potential customers the information they need. They'll also make sure you know exactly how to use the product or service you've registered for.

It's also reassuring to know that the salaries, commission structures and incentives offered to our teams are designed to encourage fair - not misleading - sales practices. And because we monitor our sales calls regularly, you can be confident that our staff always keeps to the highest service standards. Our telesales staff work Monday to Friday from 8am to 9pm.

When it comes to face-to-face contact, all Onetel representatives will display identity badges that clearly show their name and their photograph, as well as the Onetel logo and expiry date. They will never call at your house before 9am or after 8pm and will leave immediately at your request.

They will also follow our Door-to-Door pledge, which has been designed to protect your interests:

We promise that our sale representatives will be courteous and polite, answer any questions honestly and to the best of their knowledge, not evade the truth and take care not to mislead. They always recognise and respect your right to end the conversation at any time. Our sales representatives will be fully trained and competent. They will be smartly dressed and always carry an authorised Onetel identity card when visiting your home. They will always act professionally on our behalf and never take advantage of a person's inexperience, vulnerability, trust or natural loyalty.

wow funny you should say that, cos they phoned us and asked us to sign on we said no, but the bloke kept talking over us, so we put the phone down. then half an hour later we had a woman phone us and said i understand you wish to sign up with us, then rattled on again so we put the phone down again.

since then weve had phone calls all the time saying join up or you have joined up.

I have just joined bts new service which cuts out nuisance phone calls, but we have to wait three weeks for it to start up.

Hope u dont have any trouble again. we once had a double glazing slaesman put his foot in the door and refuse to go, so i shut the door on his foot, he swore then thumped the glass in my door, and tried to push it open again, luckily i shut it.

very professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i had been a pensioner or someone vulnerable i would have been very frightened.

something should be dont to stop salesmen calling at your house, the phone calls are bad enough, but at least u can put the phone down.

Edited by elaine1

Very naughty I know , but when I get a cold call on the telephone, I put the receiver close to the stereo speaker and turn it up full blast. I don't then get the return calls from them.

I find it to be an invasion and an intrusion and even if it is on the phone, I too feel violated, as they know my name, even though I am x directory! -my mum has the same problem and she is elderly - people asking for her by name, even though she too is x directory

HelenL

I keep getting phone calls for the previous owner. I kept saying she doesn't live here, but they still rung every day. In the end I said, "she's dead," and the calls stopped for a couple of weeks.

I was offered a conservatory, I said I'd love a conservatory as I live in a 2nd floor flat and it's be nice to have somewhere to sit and look outside. I asked how quickly they could arrange a quote and they hung up.

I don't answer the home phone any more, even though it rings around 5 times a day. If a friend rings, they know to try my mobile first.

LOL Tally.

I too used to get a lot of calls for the previous tenants of this house and called my telephone company to complaine only to be told that they had given me the same telephone number that they had when they lived here! This is normal practise apparently! :o They agreed to give me a new ex-directory number and all was fine until I started getting calls and no one was on the other end. Same time every day it was, so I called that company that most of you have mentioned and they put a ban on my number taking these calls. It only lasts one year which is due to run out soon but if I get any more calls, I'll call back and re-registar.

Glad I an't alone on this one so thank you all for your replies and advise. :)

I did email one tel but guess what???? *drum roll*.....I have not heard back from them!! Somehow didn't expect I would anyway! LOL

When I get one of these calls I say "ooh I am very interested but I am busy right now, if you give me your home number I'll ring your when I'm free". They usually say they can't do that and I say "oh but you can ring my home number when you feel like it." :devil:

Or I say "I'm not interested but are you interested in a new roof/carpet cleaning as I can give you a good deal right now."

Doorstep callers, well there's another thing all together. We get ex prisoners trying to sell cr*p on the door with a sob story about how the money will help to rehabilitate them. It is a legitimate company (I have phoned the council) We don't open the door to them any more but we do worry they will come back when it's dark :ph34r:

Viper.