Sign in to follow this  
Tom1992

I have my ASD assessment in 9 days. Please help. Please.

Hi.

I'm being tested for ASD next week. I 'stim',I have 'intense' interests,I am socially awkward,I have very poor verbal comprehension. I daydream and I just cannot follow the most basic of instructions.

*however* - I can read people very well (too well. I always think people are upset with me). I understand social cues. I have lots of empathy (too much)

What is going on? ASD?

PS: anyone have experience with clinical partners in Birmingham?

Edited by Tom1992

I'm not clear what help you are looking for. The brief points you have typed are, to my awareness, consistent with ASD, but presumably you know that and that's why you included them in your message, rather than other aspects of you.

If you *always* think people are upset with you (presumably including times when people are not upset with you?) then perhaps you are not reading people as well as you think. It's hard to know from a brief online interaction, but then that's what your assessment is for in 8 days' time. If it's ASD that is "going on" then your imminent assessment is surely a good place for it to be identified.

I'm not familiar with Clinical Partners.

Good luck getting through the next 8 days (and beyond). I guess that the uncertain nature of the waiting will make it a difficult time for you, however it will soon be over - only 8 days out of your whole life, so do whatever you need to to reduce the anxiety and keep going. If there are any practicalities that you are unsure of then I guess the clinic would be able to answer these. And if you have practical or other questions then if you pose them then hopefully someone will respond with their thoughts or own experiences.