Aut_Scot

Choosing the most suitable job

I am struggling a bit with my current job (it has a wide range of tasks some of which I am better at doing than others) and it might come to and end anyway due to budget cuts.  I am looking in to the possibility of what to do next if my job disappears.  I have looked on the Internet and have found useful articles like this:

"Choosing the Right Job for People with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome"

https://www.iidc.indiana.edu/?pageId=596

Can anyone tell me if there is a web page which would ask a list of questions, analyse the answers and suggest the best match job that I could do, please? I realise that I might have to do a training course, I couldn't do more than one year.

Why would online applications (which is norm for the majority of jobs anyway) prevent multi-tasking?

On 30/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, schwanderss said:

Which table (in the article) are you part of?

I suppose that I would be in the Table 3, with the possibility of going down to Table 4 if I had to.  What I was looking for was a computer programme or web page linked to a database with many more types of jobs.  Also, to be more useful, it could take other factors in to account, such as hypersensitivities to things such as noise, light level, smell, touch etc which an autistic person might have.  For example, I visited a workplace where I could potentially have had the skills to work, but I found it was a very noisy (overbearingly so) workplace.  Someone could have good cooking skills, but might not cope with a hot, noisy, crowded kitchen in a restaurant etc. 

A job might look good on television, leading people to think about doing it, but there might be facets of the job that might be a problem for autistic people such as dealing with difficult or unreasonable customers which might require high level interpersonal skills.