Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Armed police in my street!

Openned my blinds this morning to find armed police have blocked off the street. I live in a long road and a section of it is off bounds. No traffic or people are allowed through. Police tape cordening it followed by several police cars and police vans, not to mention the number of officers wearing bullet proff vests too. All this is a few yards from my house.

Tyler and I stood in the window for a while watching but nothing much happening! LOL

Called my sister who lives across the road and her neighbour told her that a guy took a gun out on an officer at 7.30am this morning and the officer shot back at him and wounded him with plastic bullets! :o

...and they wonder why I wanna move house? :blink:

The police are still there now. I had hoped to go to Asda on the freebus but I guess that's oput of the picture now b/c it can't get here! :(

Anyway, thought I'd share this piece of info with ya as I'm now barricaded in the house with all doors and windows locked!!!

Blimey! I would be outta there quick sharp!

Hi,

makes my prowler story look tame, but I can imagine you were seriously worried with recent events.

To be honest, I don't think you can blame where you live on more serious events such as this, it's just bad luck.

We've been holed up in the house without being told to, am too scared to all 3 kids out on my own !!!

Keep safe,

wac