Alexithymia

Fingers crossed I've done this right ... ?

Hello, All and One, (not one and all, given we are all so unique despite any common bond)

I thank fortune, sensibility and my general predicament for finding this forum.

I have read a few posts and find you all so articulate which is absolutely great while also being somewhat a painful experience; I feel compelled to read and join in while equally wanting to run away and hide - the latter is not the done thing when you are 43 and outwardly fairly NT.

I am sure I will put my foot in it several times in further posts, as there seems to be a very fine line to tread - so I will apologise in advance because as and when I say something someone else finds offensive or inappropriate, it wasn't meant that way, though I understand the damage has already been done.

I also have a great predisposition to centre everything around me (reworded = I am selfish/very self-centred). Not suggesting that is an ASC trait, merely my own observations of my self. So further apologies if I go off on one, based entirely on my own experiences of my world.

Enough said I think, other than to add that it is a great pleasure to 'meet' you all! :D

greetings... from one to another, one

an interesting polarity of thought you have there...

that aside, re: running and hiding - better to flee and fight another day, as the saying goes. therefore, wise. side note: most nts i've come across have the coward gene or the ostrich gene which is altogether very different from the oft misconstued peaceful creature gene - so i would be bold and  suggest you are being very aut and not nt in the slightest...

as for feet, and general treading: one small step for mankind and all that, so go where angels fear. you shall have no objection from me on that front, nor anyone else here i should imagine... 

centred huh? hmm... or self-aware? the two of course being very different - but please, navel fluff picking in moderation, say i. best done on one's own time but discoveries are always worth sharing if deemed objective (ha!) and constructive *canned laughter*

i am ferret, btw. obo others here which do lurk, as is our want as peaceful creature, welcome. 

until next time... *tips hat in poilite adieu*  

Hello Ferret

Thank you for your timely, humorous and well-versed response.

"polarity of thought" was an interesting interpretation - I am known for my 'polarised' ways of seeing and thinking - that would be another one of those label things...

Anyway, pleased to have met you.  *(metaphorically) offers warm shaking of hands*

polarity *tuts* i'm using finite and dualistic terms again - side note: Deepthought would, no doubt, put salt on my tail for that, and more than likely have extensive thought upon the matter...

ah yes, labels. don't we just love them. my personal favourite doing the rounds at the moment is: 'vulnerable person'. still investigating the rather ominous implications of that for all auts from legal standpoints etc etc. vulnerable of course being much like ye old Victorian favourites, 'mad' 'hysterical' and 'lunatic''  *gleeful applause from the crowd* 

....and... ah.... gesture of physical contact. how.... nt of you. though polite forms are accepted, and the etiquette acceptable. the connundrum of how one goes about shaking hands with a ferret however, i shall leave up to you to contemplate. 

f.  

didn't take me long to 'put my foot in it', as reference to physical contact; however it was metaphorical (perhaps the wrong word) but as you suggest, was meant purely in convivial terms. hands, paws, fins - the context remains the same. I trust I have not offended your 'inner ferret'?

the concept of putting salt or any other corrosive substance on your tail will not do, nor be entertained. I have though, read some of the exchanges between Deepthought and yourself and yes, I would entertain further discourse around the notion of polarity, duality, singularity or even totality!

your reference to 'vulnerable person' had me in veritable fits of laughter (well, wry amusement at the very least), given I got taken to A&E 3 days ago. The result of a (very well-meaning) person's assessment of me and my current state as being "vulnerable and at risk - too much so for me to let you wander off on your own..." So yes, mad is currently a concise and appropriately apt terrminology.

you have made no social faux pas, at least as far as i'm concerned.  but i am a ferret. i merely balance preciously on that social tightrope high above the social circus ring - yes, i understood you were being metaphorical. no harm done. and believe me, you cannot offend me. nts do being offended. auts, i find, know the difference - side note: i'm detecting an air of trepidation here, a shall make a leaping presumption aut interactions are a rarity. oft is the case with us, so far flung and peaceful are we that encounters with our own are few.

ah! don't get me started - or dp for that matter, their poor self will be typing for days... .but saying that, by all means dive in and engage or post any of your thoughts, as many here do, though not everyone answers immediately... 

*ears prick up* oh dear. that is true irony. *nods* yes, i can imagine. or rather, would prefer not to as it is a minefield. not but recently i had someone suggest they "don't consider me a threat or danger to myself or another person, at the moment". i then recounted to them an incident of an individual, standing at the kerbside complete with mobile phone and coffee-to-go, who proceeded to get into their car, pull out of the car park space at the side of the road and drive up behind my associate's car - i was getting in at the time into the passenger seat - and this joyous individual proceeded to plant their hand on the horn and continously so. we had no where to go. it was a one-way street. and in less than 10 seconds i was safely into the passenger seat and my associate pulled to the junction. cue then us pulling out into traffic, and tootling along.... only then to be roadraged. us swerving to the left hand side and onto the pavement as roadrager accelerated past but veering into our path as an oncoming, equally aggressive driver in a 4x4, swerved at the last minute and braked. roadrager accelerated away along the narrow market town street and disappeared around a bend, brake lights flashing on furiously. .... my statement to the 'helpful' person who had made such a useful and constructive reflection on the fact i might not be a threat, and cared to voice it, was: define danger to another person. so you see, it's all relative at the end of the day... one persons roadrage is anothers autistic meltdown. the difference between the two is who is in the driving seat. 

f.

I tend to try and edit out anything that could be misconstrued as offensive from peoples posts where possible. So far only had one person go on a rampage against me as a result.